Frequent Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thank you for this lovely post!  I am so tired of all of the negativity that we are bombarded with and on t.v., and the news lately -- and I will not say what -- but I know you all know what I am speaking of.  I find it truly appalling.  I think we should try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  See what people can do and not already pre-judge them.  People are capable of goodness and doing good things.  Don't condemn all the time.  

It is much easier to be around someone who looks at you and smiles and says --- good morning --- how are you -- than it is to be around someone who frowns at you and starts grumbing and complaining.  It tends to make you feel down and negaitive yourself.

Same could be said of people's negativity over few years past. But of course that doesn't matter. We just need to smile and laugh and be happy. So I will. And will give peace and harmony a chance just like was done previously. 

@proudlyfromNJ

Why live in the past?  It's a new day, a new year and we can all start new dreams.  We don't have to chose to be like people from the past.  "When they go low, we go high."  I didn't want this to be a political post as I'm really tired of it all.  Let's move forward and do it with being kind to one another.

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Frequent Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@BrattyOne2 ...You are a beautiful role model of what I have quoted below....Sending you ((((((((Hugs))))))))! Heart

The youth is the hope of our future. - Jose Rizal

“Hold high the brow serene,
O youth, where now you stand;
Let the bright sheen
Of your grace be seen,
Fair hope of my fatherland!”

@MyShadowLove

Thank you so much.  Hugs are definitely needed right now.  The sentiment is very true.  Even at my age, I know the youth I'm around are amazing and hold such promise for things to come.

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Frequent Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

You are a very kind young lady.  I hope those around you appreciate your sweet spirit.

@AuntG

Thank you very much.  I have the most amazing supportive people around me.  I know I'm very lucky.

I hope your week is filled with some sunshine and a little unexpected kindness from a stranger. 

Frequent Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
Mother Teresa

@cherry

I love this quote too.  You never truly know how your words will affect another.   I really try and start with kindness.  I know kindness always leaves a ripple effect. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Day of Positivity

[ Edited ]

~ keep your positive mindset! Heart

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zxYOUdiTGmQ/UlC_2lC2z0I/AAAAAAAABuU/Ob0Qqbk83dM/s1600/kind-gently-brave-web.jpg

Frequent Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature and text

Kindness never hurt anyone and always helps someone. Smiley Happy

@Preds

Love Maya Angelou.  She had such a beautiful and kind soul.  This happens to be one of my favorite quotes of hers. 

Honored Contributor

@BrattyOne2 . Actually, I agree with you 100%. It would have been nice if you had said this to the one who made it political instead of me who just responded. That's ok though, I understand. 

Honored Contributor

We can never know just how far a small act of kindness can reach, or how much it can mean.

If only for that it is a simple valuable practice.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

Okay, so I'm 21 and to most people would think my life is very simple.  I should have it easy with no worries.  I wish that were true.  I think the old saying you never know until you walk a day in that person's shoes is so true....or a walk my path for a day.

I really struggle to keep my life positive.  I lost my Mom a few days after I turned 18 to cancer.  I just see so much negativity in the world and am hoping that people on the board will join me in turning today into a day of positivity.  A day of not finding reasons to complain, criticize, or to just be a downer.  Let's try and post something positive that will lift others up.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Kindness is not an act, it's a lifestyle."  It is something I strive for every single day of my life.  Who are you going to show kindness to today?

If you can't think of someone to do it for, please do it for me.  I really need to see that people still have good hearts.

@BrattyOne2 , It is young women like you who give me hope  for  the future. 🌺

@QVCkitty1

We can all use more hope.  I try to never meet a stranger and find new friends each day.  Life is a gift that I appreciate more each day. 

Frequent Contributor

@dex wrote:
  • @BrattyOne2  You are a very special young woman and thank you for your message.I agree that it we need to think more about the positives and spreading some cheer.I hope that your days are always happy and I will support your cause to spread kindness.

@dex

Thank you.  My journey in life hasn't been the easiest but it has been filled with love and hope.  Kindness shown to me along the way has been so appreciated and I've learned that it's the easiest thing I can show to everyone I meet.