Frequent Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

you're right -  reaching out and brightening someone else's day is a big upper! helping out at a senior center -  reading, helping with activities -  or on the opposite side of the spectrum, being a Big Sister to a youngster might be some options for involvement.  i enjoyed helping out at an L A school with their student reading program.

@ms traditional

You are so right.  I love going to senior centers and spending an afternoon.  Whether it be sitting and chatting with cups of tea, reading or playing games.  Not only is it a benefit to the seniors but also me.  Life is full of wonder and amazement, one just has to look around them to see it.

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Frequent Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Your mother would be proud of you.

I agree, I've also wanted to post, "can we just have one day of no digs, complaints, etc." It's not that big of a request, and I agree with you. Negatives wear you out!!! Smiling uses less wrinkles than frowning.

@qualitygal

Being negative seems like it be would require too much work.  I agree, smiling uses less muscles and I already work out enough.  So much easier and no extra exercise. 

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Frequent Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Image result for kindness thought images

@meallen616

I love this quote.  Haven't seen it before.  It's so true, kindness is so easy to spread and it leaves beauty in it's path.

Frequent Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I am sorry you lost your mother at such a young age.  I pray that you will be given the courage and wisdom you need to face life's trials. It is my faith that holds me up and gets me through the tough times. Life can be hard....but it can be good, too!

I like this quote by Helen Keller:

"The best and most beautiful things in the world can't be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart".

She would know!

@jubilant

Life is definitely hard but it is so amazingly wonderful and beautiful.  Just look around you and beauty abounds. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Day of Positivity

[ Edited ]

@Stormygirl wrote:

@BrattyOne2  can I tell you that YOU made a difference in my day? Yes I came here online today and had tears running down my face... came upon reading your message I smiled alittle. See Im rapidly losing my battle with this darn painful illness, am in alot of pain. Im hours or days from having to go to the hospital but am stalling. I often wonder about the future for those who will be living in it........and you have given me a sigh and hope. I can rest better knowing there are kind people like yourself, young, bright and caring who will spread that kindness far and wide. I have tried to spread it as far as I can.......please carry on the torch of positivity and kindness. You are an inspiration to me. Hugsssssss xoxoxoxoxo Stormy

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Hugs to you @Stormygirl. You made a difference in my day.

Good postive thoughts going out to youHeart

Frequent Contributor

@LilyLu wrote:
What a wise young woman you are. Thank you for this post. You are an inspiration to women of all ages. Bless you.

@LilyLu

Thank you.  I honestly believe the world needs more kindness....which is something we can all incorporate into our lives.  One small act of kindess can mean so much to someone else.  It leaves a ripple effect in it's path. 

Frequent Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

You seem wise beyond your years.  I'm sorry you have seen a lot of sadness .  Please may I suggest you Look up and watch youtubes from Louise Hay. She is the epitome of positvity and teaches a mindset of optimism and gratitude.  Good and kind thoughts opens us up to more goodness, as well as the opposite-  Life is not easy, and life has yet to be what I expect, but it's still good. So  I am detached from strongly held ideas of what will be, because it's usually very different... 💖  Sending strength and resilience. 

@Skyegirl21

I love, love Louise Hay.  My favorite quote would be, "We are all family and the planet is our home."

I've learned to live each day as it comes.  I never know what tomorrow will bring but I can chose how I will face it.  Today, I chose to send out kindness....tomorrow, I'm planning to send out hope.  We all chose how we want to represent ourselves to the world with each day being a gift unto ourselves.

Respected Contributor

kindness is free so it doesn't cost you anything.  it's the old saying....treat others the way you want to be treated.

@BrattyOne2

you have a wonderful attitude and i applaud you for it.  wishing all good things for you.

Frequent Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@BrattyOne2

Have a relaxing Sunday

@pattypeep

Thank you.  It's a rainy colder day.  I spent my morning with family and my afternoon is suppose to be filled with studying.  I figure a little break won't hurt. 

Hope your day has been amazing!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Day of Positivity

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thank you for this lovely post!  I am so tired of all of the negativity that we are bombarded with and on t.v., and the news lately -- and I will not say what -- but I know you all know what I am speaking of.  I find it truly appalling.  I think we should try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  See what people can do and not already pre-judge them.  People are capable of goodness and doing good things.  Don't condemn all the time.  

It is much easier to be around someone who looks at you and smiles and says --- good morning --- how are you -- than it is to be around someone who frowns at you and starts grumbing and complaining.  It tends to make you feel down and negaitive yourself.

@AngelPuppy1

I hope you're had an amazing day so far and that the rest of the week greets you with warm sunshine.  Life is too short to surround yourself with any negativity.  Biggest hugs to you! 

I really don't want this to turn into a political post as it's the furtherest thing from my mind or heart right now.  I haven't watched television in days and have chosen to not participate in much of social media.  Instead, I've chosen to use this time to reflect on how I can make a positive change in the world. 

Please know I'm not being critical of your post.  I understand your frustration.  I'm just asking that everyone being positive for one day.  To choose to put aside all difference and show a little positivity towards each other.  It's not difficult and doesn't cost us anything.  Love will always triumph.