Esteemed Contributor

@BrattyOne2 ...You are a beautiful role model of what I have quoted below....Sending you ((((((((Hugs))))))))! Heart

The youth is the hope of our future. - Jose Rizal

“Hold high the brow serene,
O youth, where now you stand;
Let the bright sheen
Of your grace be seen,
Fair hope of my fatherland!”

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

You are a very kind young lady.  I hope those around you appreciate your sweet spirit.

Honored Contributor

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
Mother Teresa

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature and text

Kindness never hurt anyone and always helps someone. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

Okay, so I'm 21 and to most people would think my life is very simple.  I should have it easy with no worries.  I wish that were true.  I think the old saying you never know until you walk a day in that person's shoes is so true....or a walk my path for a day.

I really struggle to keep my life positive.  I lost my Mom a few days after I turned 18 to cancer.  I just see so much negativity in the world and am hoping that people on the board will join me in turning today into a day of positivity.  A day of not finding reasons to complain, criticize, or to just be a downer.  Let's try and post something positive that will lift others up.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Kindness is not an act, it's a lifestyle."  It is something I strive for every single day of my life.  Who are you going to show kindness to today?

If you can't think of someone to do it for, please do it for me.  I really need to see that people still have good hearts.

@BrattyOne2 , It is young women like you who give me hope  for  the future. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor
  • @BrattyOne2  You are a very special young woman and thank you for your message.I agree that it we need to think more about the positives and spreading some cheer.I hope that your days are always happy and I will support your cause to spread kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

You are such a wise young lady!! I'm so sorry that you lost your mom at such a tender age.You seem to have all the tools you need to navigate through life!! I hope you have a support system backing you up!!

Thank you for reminding us all that life is what you make of it.We can all benefit from a kinder gentler world.

"What the world needs now is love sweet love.That's the only thing that there's just to little of".

Good luck to you.Something tells me that there are great things ahead for you!!  Your dear mother will be beside you every step of the way!!

Honored Contributor

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

Okay, so I'm 21 and to most people would think my life is very simple.  I should have it easy with no worries.  I wish that were true.  I think the old saying you never know until you walk a day in that person's shoes is so true....or a walk my path for a day.

I really struggle to keep my life positive.  I lost my Mom a few days after I turned 18 to cancer.  I just see so much negativity in the world and am hoping that people on the board will join me in turning today into a day of positivity.  A day of not finding reasons to complain, criticize, or to just be a downer.  Let's try and post something positive that will lift others up.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Kindness is not an act, it's a lifestyle."  It is something I strive for every single day of my life.  Who are you going to show kindness to today?

If you can't think of someone to do it for, please do it for me.  I really need to see that people still have good hearts.

Now you're talking sweetie.  Being negative can really pull a person down.  I too struggled with that for many years.  I will be 77 in May.  And with that I have to stay positive every day.  I have been struggling with cancer for 2 years now, and am going to have to be on my treatments the rest of my life.....  There is no room for being negative in my life any more.  Yes, I do have some down days, but more up now and intend to keep it that way. 

Will keep you in my prayers.  Stay strong....and positive.....

Trusted Contributor

@BrattyOne2  can I tell you that YOU made a difference in my day? Yes I came here online today and had tears running down my face... came upon reading your message I smiled alittle. See Im rapidly losing my battle with this darn painful illness, am in alot of pain. Im hours or days from having to go to the hospital but am stalling. I often wonder about the future for those who will be living in it........and you have given me a sigh and hope. I can rest better knowing there are kind people like yourself, young, bright and caring who will spread that kindness far and wide. I have tried to spread it as far as I can.......please carry on the torch of positivity and kindness. You are an inspiration to me. Hugsssssss xoxoxoxoxo Stormy

Esteemed Contributor

@BrattyOne2 , you are absolutely correct. I am so sorry about your mom, and I am sure she would be very proud of you.

I think we all need to remember that we just don't know what anyone else is going thru, like you say. I know from experience that a kind word or a bit of encouragement can make all the difference in someones life.

Hope you have a great day, and thanks for giving this board a bit of positivity this morning Smiley Happy