Honored Contributor

Re: Day # 3 Still No Cigarettes

Hang in there PlaidPants2, you can do this!   You have years of nicotine buildup in your body that must break down and work itself out.   I totally support the use of prescription drugs to help a person heal, and get well; do not be afraid of addiction, your body will let you know when it no longer needs chemical help.  Stay strong!

Continued prayers and best wishes!   

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Hang in there PlaidPants2, you can do this!   You have years of nicotine buildup in your body that must break down and work itself out.   I totally support the use of prescription drugs to help a person heal, and get well; do not be afraid of addiction, your body will let you know when it no longer needs chemical help.  Stay strong!

Continued prayers and best wishes!   

I respectfully disagree.

One addiction can morph (addiction transfer)  into another addiction.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Plaid Pants2   Why don't you ask your doctor for some Xanax?  That will take the edge off and  make you feel relaxed.  It will probably even take away your headache because I think it's coming from stress and nerves.  Xanax is a wonder drug for certain things....  Call your doctor and ask him to call some in for you.  What a difference it will make.  It will also help you to sleep and not make you feel like the narcotics do.......

I visit my doctor tomorrow, thanks.

*************************************************************************************************

@Plaid Pants2  What happened to your appt. for today??? Maybe you should keep it and see what he has to say.  That way, you won't have to keep running to the ER and Critical care centers.  Maybe he can give you something to keep you on an even keel...... JMO

Trusted Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Plaid Pants2   Why don't you ask your doctor for some Xanax?  That will take the edge off and  make you feel relaxed.  It will probably even take away your headache because I think it's coming from stress and nerves.  Xanax is a wonder drug for certain things....  Call your doctor and ask him to call some in for you.  What a difference it will make.  It will also help you to sleep and not make you feel like the narcotics do.......

I cannot imagine any doctor calling in a prescription for Xanax without seeing the patient first.

Trusted Contributor

@ShopperAZ wrote:

My son just turned 59 and has lung cancer and is his final days.

He stop smoking, but not soon enough.

Please keep on with what ever you are doing.

It will be worth it.

Please get a chest X-RAY.

Maybe if my son had gotten one his  might  have been caught sooner.

@Happydays

I am so sorry to read this post about your dear son.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

I visit my doctor tomorrow, thanks.

*************************************************************************************************

@Plaid Pants2  What happened to your appt. for today??? Maybe you should keep it and see what he has to say.  That way, you won't have to keep running to the ER and Critical care centers.  Maybe he can give you something to keep you on an even keel...... JMO

It appears that the appt today WAS with Urgent Care and the OP doesn't have a PCP at the moment, but will have one when she visits the doctor March 1.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

KEEP STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You can do it!!!!

Valued Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@ShopperAZ wrote:

My son just turned 59 and has lung cancer and is his final days.

He stop smoking, but not soon enough.

Please keep on with what ever you are doing.

It will be worth it.

Please get a chest X-RAY.

Maybe if my son had gotten one his  might  have been caught sooner.

@Happydays

I am so sorry to read this post about your dear son.

As am I.  ~a hug and a prayer to you~

Honored Contributor

She started another thread, she was not able to go on.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations on quitting!!  It's a difficult thing to do so be sure to praise yourself a lot.

I quit in 1981 and know one puff would take my right back to my 2.5 pack a day habit.  However, I've told my kids and family that I will stop and buy a pack if a doctor tells me I'm terminal and there is no treatment.