Respected Contributor

Re: Day # 3 Still No Cigarettes

You're doing great.  Hope those flu-like symptoms disappear soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because of hinting at questionable words

Seriously?

I am being honest about my feelings as I go through the withdrawal of cigarettes. I used *, and I thought that would be okay.

I am not challenging, but am just surprised, that's all.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Alice-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because of hinting at questionable words

Seriously?

I am being honest about my feelings as I go through the withdrawal of cigarettes. I used *, and I thought that would be okay.

I am not challenging, but am just surprised, that's all.

Petty, and typical. And NO, I'm NOT referring to Alice the moderator. She has to do what she has to do, when someone points it out to her.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  I join the others in hoping you feel well again very soon. 

I agree that by the end of Day 3 you should have the worst part behind you. One tip I can offer for when you are feeling better, and the urge to light a cigarette returns, is to think hard about how disappointed you will feel in yourself if you give in to it.  I remember being afraid of letting myself down, and to this day believe that fear helped me quit a 4 pack a day habit (I don't do anything half-azzed LOL).

BTW, I looked at cigarette prices this afternoon -- $6 a pack?!  Woman Surprised

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh puhleez..... Again???  The posters with the trigger fingers really need a life.  The other day I recommended a video (didn't post the link) - just "recommended" and someone reported it and Wayne, the Mod. poofed my post.  The poster admitted that she did it and would do it again and again and has reported many, many posts.......  All this, because the video I recommended had some "bad" words.

So, my question was:  Do we now have to be careful when we recommend books and movies from now on??? What is the difference????  Nobody bothered to answer me.  

I think said poster should stay off her computer and take care of her husband and kids.  That is, IF she has a husband.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I am not in any pain now, but all day, I have had a headache, that is just now going away.

All I wanted to do today was just sleep.

First, I was burning up, with sweat pouring off of me, then I would be freezing cold.

I was in a dry coughing fit, when, without warning.....

Are you on the medication still? I find it makes me violently ill and I vomit from it. It may have nothing to do with giving up cigarettes.

Anyway, hang in there. You will feel so much better soon! The headache ...is it possible that you have skipped coffee because you have been so ill? Coffee helped me when I quit smoking.

Good luck and keep us posted. Feel better...

Honored Contributor

Keep up the good work!  I understand it's awfully hard but you're doing yourself a world of good.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you!...As each day goes by, you can give yourself a big cheer and it will give you even more motivation to continue smoker-free!...Grab a piece of dark chocolate instead!...LOL

I tried one cigarette when I was about 14...My girlfriends and I were hanging out with some guys and trying to impress and act like we "were with it"...Instead we ended up with coughing fits!...LOL

Be sure to keep us updated!..I can tell by your posts that you have strong determination and can do it!...We are all rooting for you!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I am not in any pain now, but all day, I have had a headache, that is just now going away.

All I wanted to do today was just sleep.

First, I was burning up, with sweat pouring off of me, then I would be freezing cold.

I was in a dry coughing fit, when, without warning.....

Are you on the medication still? I find it makes me violently ill and I vomit from it. It may have nothing to do with giving up cigarettes.

Anyway, hang in there. You will feel so much better soon! The headache ...is it possible that you have skipped coffee because you have been so ill? Coffee helped me when I quit smoking.

Good luck and keep us posted. Feel better...

No, I am not taking the pain pills.

I took one last night, and that was it.

Truth be told, these narcotics scare the daylights out of me. I take them. VERY sparingly.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I am just so tired of feeling like this!

I am ready to feel better, now.

I swear to God, I will never, ever, have another cigarette ever again.

It is just so not worth it.

About a week ago, I begged God to help me feel better, and I made a promise to Him that I was giving up cigarettes for good, and so far, I have kept my end of the bargain.

@Plaid Pants2 Around 20 years ago, my sister finally quit smoking.  She was a heavy smoker for maybe 25  years.  She tried everything......nicotine gun, nicotine patch, hypnosis, you name it nothing worked UNTIL one day she handed that addiction over to God.  She told him she couldn't do it alone.  Well, she finally stopped smoking when she realized where the true power was.  It wasn't her, but the One who is in control. 

Ask God to help you with this, to give you the strength and stand by you as go through this.  One other thing, God doesn't make bargains or deals.  He just doesn't.

All the best. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!