Honored Contributor

Re: David Rockefeller, Last Survivng Grandchild of John D. Rockefeller, Dies

Mz iMac, very helpful-- thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Sharon Percy Rockefeller is the wife of Jay Rockefeller, a former governor of either West Virginia or Arkansas (I forget which).  Sharon's father was Sen. Charles Percy.  That murder of her twin in 1960s was horrendous.

Honored Contributor

Yes it was, Patbz.  I wonder if it was ever solved?  Now you and Annabellethecat have got me interested in it again, I will have to look it up...

Respected Contributor

My father was a suite-mate of one of the family members in school. He had some interesting tales. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That must have been fascinating, PurpleBunny...

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Sharon Percy Rockefeller is the wife of Jay Rockefeller, a former governor of either West Virginia or Arkansas (I forget which).  Sharon's father was Sen. Charles Percy.  That murder of her twin in 1960s was horrendous.

It is West Virginia.  

The murder was horrendous.  I don't think it was ever solved.  

Honored Contributor

I was watching a few episodes of The Men Who Built America filmed probably back in 2014.    The dramatizations are excellent and the cut-in's by current "men building America" were interesting also -- Mark Cuban, Donald Trump.

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Oznell

I just checked my dvd collection.  It's series is from The History Channel.  I burn DVDs of historical documentaries I like. Smiley Happy

Another mini series goodie from The History Channel which I burned a dvd for is called "The Men Who Built America"

You may want to check out YouTube.  They usually have the full documentaries from The History Channel & A&E if they are not on the channels website(s).