Honored Contributor

Re: David Casssidy has dementia

His grandfather, his mother suffered from Alzheimer's. His dad- bipolar and dementia along with alcoholism. 

Whoa.

Trusted Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I see numerous posts on Facebook stating David Cassidy has come out and said that he has dementia. I often read about his issues with alcohol addiction, now this. It makes me sad for him and his family.

He was my first celebrity crush. I saw him in concert with my cousin in Atlantic City way back when. I still have the pictures of him in his white jumpsuit. (Also I will never forget it, my cousin fainted at the concert, not due to being star struck, because it was very hot).

PS Every time I hear of a death or if someone is ill as in a famous person from my childhood, I always feel  bad for them and their family and I feel like a piece of my childhood is being ripped apart. Anyone else feel that way?

I think he was one of my first celebrity curshes too.  This is so sad to hear.  He isn't that old is he?

Esteemed Contributor

He's already being trolled & insulted on his official FB page.

Sad.

Trusted Contributor

Uber crush for me too! I was going to be Mrs. David Cassidy when I grew up! LOL

I was so sad to hear this today. My MIL had dimentia and it is a horrible thing.

I just read where his home in Florida is up for sale, so I am wondering where he is going after all this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My brilliant dad had early onset Alzheimer's.  It's a complex and horrible disease. 

Gosh, this makes me feel old. 

I didn't have a crush on him, but my little sister did. 

Surviving to old age is mainly great, but with big patches of sadness, some of them just finding out how the icons of our youth are mortal,too. 

Yes, of course, we knew this on some level, that all of us die, but not the way time shows it in real time. 

My good wishes to his family: they will need to be strong for him.

Honored Contributor

So sad to see icons of my generations in such poor health.

Another dementia victim is Malcolm Young of AC/DC.

He was diagnosed in 2014 & is already in a nursing facility.

Lots of health issues...and addiction issues, like Cassidy. 

Respected Contributor

@Burnsite. Made me feel old too. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor

Hi turquoise lover, thank you for the post.  Cool! Woman Very HappyLadyAlice

Honored Contributor

@.LipstickDiva wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

There was a thread this morning titled that he was slurring his words while in concert. 

I guess it was assumed he was drunk.  The thread must've been taken down.

This is so sad.  Whether he is sick with dementia or from alcoholism.

What is really sad is that the only reason he came out and revealed this was because he didn't want people to think he was drunk.  He wanted to wait a little longer to make the announcement about his dementia.

Sad that people would immediately come to the conclusion that he was drunk.

It's my understanding from what was reported that he didn't just find this out.  He has known but didn't want to reveal it quite yet.  He has been having issues with forgetting song lyrics, slurring his words and other memory issues that people were noticing. 

This reminds me of all the terrible things some were saying about Evine host Connie Kunkle and the poor woman passed away at the age of only 58 from dementia.   

Yes, I saw on a google search (immediately following the news of her death) a very mean sprited thread about Connie and all the replies to go along with it.  From the good old QVC forum.

It has since been removed from Google-I'm sure out of respect for Connie's death.  I guess QVC had that taken care of?

This reminds me of a post from a self proclaimed brain surgeon/nutritionist/blowhard who posted here about a minor child recently.  I guess now she's a pediatrician/child physcologist/blowhard.

Hopefully that thread/post has been removed from eternity. 

Esteemed Contributor

It must be true; it's now on his official FB page.

Anyway, he's actually (I think) a really good actor. I never forgot a scene he played on this old TV show, I think it was "David Cassidy:  Man Undercover," where he played a cop who went undercover as a "junkie."

He played this particular scene so beautifully, I have never forgotten it....