Respected Contributor

Did anyone read it???? OMG can't stop crying.

Super Contributor

Re: Dan's Tribute to his dog

I just finished reading it: OMG! I do understand and can relate to his story. Our attachments to our pets are so intense and life-changing. I am so glad that their family and Zoey Lu found one another! Thanks for starting this thread, sparklestar!

Valued Contributor

My tears are flowing. My family and I had practically an identical experience just two years ago this month, but with our Maltese, the late Cotton and his little "brother," Henry. We could have told the same story as Dan. We were and are blessed, as Dan and his family are.
Respected Contributor

Our pets do touch our hearts in ways we never thought possible.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 StuffyBug said: My tears are flowing. My family and I had practically an identical experience just two years ago this month, but with our Maltese, the late Cotton and his little "brother," Henry. We could have told the same story as Dan. We were and are blessed, as Dan and his family are.

I am so sorry for your losses, StuffyBug--I hope new additions to your family are helping you to heal. Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

We lost our beloved Sheltie of 13 years to Cancer last November and I still can't stop crying.He wasn't a dog he was a family member.We were devastated so I can relate.

Esteemed Contributor

The way I cope is knowing my precious pet is pain free, healthy, in a beautiful place, (heaven) surrounded by his loved ones! They are waiting for us to join them! When I lost my father, my pastor told me he went through the door to a different room, and someday I could go into that room! It still gives me comfort..our loved ones, people and pets are safe and sound..waiting on us to join them.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

It was a sweet story, but not unlike most of us pet lovers have experienced. I'm glad he shared; we know how he and his family felt. I didn't cry and am happy they are all enjoying the new pup.

We all love our pets so much, and even tho' we know their life spans are less than human's, it still is a terrible loss when they leave us.

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 cuddlesmama said:

We lost our beloved Sheltie of 13 years to Cancer last November and I still can't stop crying.He wasn't a dog he was a family member.We were devastated so I can relate.

I am so sorry for your loss, cuddlesmama--we lost 3 dogs within a 20 month time period and it was about more than we could handle. Best wishes to you as you continue to heal.

Esteemed Contributor

It was a beautiful and touching tribute. We lost three of our rescue dogs in less then two years. First it was our Max [terrier mix] then our dear Plug [lab mix ]and very recently our clubber spaniel Sandy she worked in our community hospital with our Plug they came to us as therapy dogs who work with sick children and there parents. There pictures hang in the wing where they worked. They are much loved and missed by the people who work there and of course the children.