Scripture for the day:

"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, but the LORD

tests the heart." ~Proverbs 17:3

Meditation for the day:

I believe that my life is being refined like gold in a crucible. Gold

does not stay in the crucible, only until it is refined. I need never

despair or be despondent. I have friends who long for me to be

victorious. If I should err or fail, it could cause pain and

disappointment to them. I can keep trying to live a better life.

Prayer for the day:

I pray that I may always call on God's strength, while the gold of my

life is being refined. I pray that I may see it through, with God's

help.

Peace of Jesus to you all! I'm still on high today that Darla is getting an interview close to home! This is so exciting because if she gets the job that means in the Fall she is back! No more 1600 miles to see her and her us for Christmas. Please join me in prayer that she gets accepted - this mother can hardly wait! This is what she wrote on Facebook Messaging:

I got a phone interview scheduled at Metro State! I'm a really good interviewer, so we might have some luck now! Maybe I'll be up there (interviewing) for Easter!

Or Dad's bday? That was sure nice to see before going to bed. Linus was in bed, but I got him up saying he has to see this!! He was so happy too! God is a God of nice surprises! When she first hadn't heard from them she thought they didn't want her. My good friend, Ann, retired yesterday - she was working at the Vet's Hospital as a nurse in the psych ward and it was very hard and stressful. It will be so nice to have her more free now to do things etc. Lots of her shifts were till midnight. They gave her a nice going away party yesterday! God continues to show His blessings if we let Him and we pray - He never fails us. We do the failing, but He picks up. What are your blessings? Can you name at least 3? Praying for all of you for all your needs. Thanks for your prayers for us.

HOLY HUMOR

A father was approached by his small son who told him proudly, "I know what the Bible means!"

His father smiled and replied, "What do you mean, you 'know' what the Bible means? The son replied, "I do know!"

"Okay," said his father. "What does the Bible mean?"

"That's easy, Daddy..." the young boy replied excitedly," It stands for 'Basic Information Before Leaving Earth..' (This one is my favorite)

=======

There was a very gracious lady who was mailing an old family Bible to her brother in another part of the country.

"Is there anything breakable in here?" asked the postal clerk.

"Only the Ten Commandments." answered the lady.

========

"Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning, Lord," and there are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good Lord, it's morning."

========

A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter.

Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. Forgive us our trespasses." When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket I'll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation."

========

There is the story of a pastor who got up one Sunday and announced to his congregation: "I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we have enough money to pay for our new building program. The bad news is, it's still out there in your pockets."

========

While driving in Pennsylvania , a family caught up to an Amish carriage. The owner of the carriage obviously had a sense of humor, because attached to the back of the carriage was a hand printed sign... "Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step in exhaust."

========

A Sunday School teacher began her lesson with a question, "Boys and girls, what do we know about God?"

A hand shot up in the air. "He is an artist!" said the kindergarten boy.

"Really? How do you know?" the teacher asked.

"You know - Our Father, who does art in Heaven... "

========

A minister waited in line to have his car filled with gas just before a long holiday weekend. The attendant worked quickly, but there were many cars ahead of him. Finally, the attendant motioned him toward a vacant pump.

"Reverend," said the young man, "I'm so sorry about the delay. It seems as if everyone waits until the last minute to get ready for a long trip."

The minister chuckled, "I know what you mean. It's the same in my business."

========

People want the front of the bus, the back of the church, and the center of attention.

========

Sunday after church, a Mom asked her very young daughter what the lesson was about.

The daughter answered, "Don't be scared, you'll get your quilt."

Needless to say, the Mom was perplexed. Later in the day, the pastor stopped by for tea and the Mom asked him what that morning's Sunday school lesson was about.

He said "Be not afraid, thy comforter is coming."

========

The minister was preoccupied with thoughts of how he was going to ask the congregation to come up with more money than they were expecting for repairs to the church building. Therefore, he was annoyed to find that the regular organist was sick and a substitute had been brought in at the last minute.. The substitute wanted to know what to play.

"Here's a copy of the service," he said impatiently. "But, you'll have to think of something to play after I make the announcement about the finances."

During the service, the minister paused and said, "Brothers and Sisters, we are in great difficulty; the roof repairs cost twice as much as we expected and we need $4,000 more. Any of you who can pledge $100 or more, please stand up."

At that moment, the substitute organist played "The Star Spangled Banner."

And that is how the substitute became the regular organist!

When you carry the Bible, Satan gets a headache..... When you open it, he collapses..... When he sees you reading it, he faints..... When he sees that you are living what you read, he flees...... And when you are about to forward this message.... He will try and discourage you.

O My People, What Have I Done To You?

O my people, what have I done to you?

How have I hurt you? Answer me.

I led you out of Egypt,

From slavery I set you free;

I brought you into the land of promise,

You have prepared a cross for me.

I led you as a shepherd,

I brought you safely through the sea;

Fed you with manna in the desert,

I fought for you in battles,

I won you strength and victory;

Gave you a royal crown and sceptre,

I planted you, my vineyard,

And cared for you most tenderly;

Looked for abundant fruit, and found none,

Only the cross you made for me.

Then listen to me my pleading,

And do not turn away from me;

You are my people: will you reject me?

For you I suffer bitterly.

Wisdom

Early in his career the brilliant young lawyer Clarence Darrow was defending a man in court. The much older lawyer defending the other client started to make fun in court and referred to him as "that beardless youth."

Darrow answered him in this way:

"My worthy opponent seems to downgrade me for not having a beard. Let me answer him with a story. The king of Spain once sent a young nobleman to the court of a neighboring monarch. On seeing the young man, he sneered: Does the king of Spain have no real men? Why does he send me a beardless boy? To which the young ambassador replied: My Lord, if my king had supposed that you judged intelligence by the size of a beard, he would have sent you a goat."

Incidentally, Clarence Darrow won the case.

In the Old Testament the prophet Jeremiah was trying to avoid God's call to go and teach people and the Lord said to him: "Do not say I am too young." Jer. 1:7

The Greatest...

The highest aim in life - To know God and do His will!

The most enriching good habit - Complimenting others

The most destructive bad habit - Worry

The greatest joy - Giving

The greatest loss - Loss of self-respect

The most satisfying work - Helping others

The ugliest personality trait - Selfishness

The most endangered species - Dedicated leaders

Our greatest natural resource - Our youth

The ugliest look - A frown

The greatest "shot in the arm" - Encouragement

The greatest problem to overcome - Fear

The most effective sleeping pill - Peace of mind

The most crippling failure disease - Excuses

The surest way to limit God - Unbelief

The most powerful forces in life - Love

The most dangerous piranha - A gossiper

The Greatest Life-Giver - The Creator

The worlds most incredible computer - The brain

The worst thing to be without - Hope

The deadliest weapon - The tongue

The two most power-filled words - "I Can"

The greatest asset - Faith

The most worthless emotion - Self-pity

The most beautiful attire - A Smile!

The most prized possession - Self esteem

The most powerful channel of communication - Prayer

The most contagious spirit - Enthusiasm

The most urgent need - Salvation

The greatest attribute of Jesus - Obedience

The GREATEST - GOD

LENTEN PRAYER

Lord, Jesus, as I began the desert journey of Lent give me strength and courage.

Lead me through these days of prayer and penance in such a way that I may worthily come to the celebration of your saving death and glorious resurrection.

Stay with me in time of temptation.

Do not allow me to give way to greed but lead me to generous service. Preserve me from vanity and self glory, and make me humble of heart. Save me from false pride, let me be obedient to your will. Amen.