Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello my friends! Hope you all had a very blessed Sunday and was able to keep the Lord's day holy. Let us all be open to what the Lord asks of us as in the readings in today's Mass - Sammuel hearing the Lord thinking it was Eli, and he told him it was the Lord. So we know He can speak to whoever wants to hear Him so let's be open to Him and listen with our hearts. Speak Lord, your servant is listening. Today we had a beautiful Mass, great singing, the full choir there, good homily, and good fellowship after Mass. The highlight of our day! The rest of the day was relaxing, he watching football, I took a nap, got some things done for my list, and we made a good supper together. Pork Chops tonight. Let us pray for Lucy's request for Lynn who had a stroke. May God heal her.

When your world turns upside down and everything seems so frightening,
thank God for His unchanging and constant love. Lord, Your love is the same
yesterday, today and tomorrow. In You I am safe and cared for.

S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and
multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your
righteousness. You will be enriched in every way for your great
generosity, which will produce thanksgiving to God through us; for the
rendering of this ministry not only supplies the needs of the saints
but also overflows with many thanksgivings to God." ~2 Corinthians
9:10-12

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

I believe that God had already seen my heart's needs before I cried to
God, before I was conscious of those needs myself. I believe that God
was already preparing the answer. God does not have to be petitioned
with sighs and tears and much speaking before God reluctantly looses
the desired help. God has already anticipated our every want and
need. I can try to see this, and humbly receive all that God has to
offer me.
P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may understand my real wants and needs. I pray that my
understanding of those needs and wants may help to bring the answer to
them.

Now let Me fill you

I fill you with My Love. I fill you with My forgiveness. I fill you with My generosity. I fill you with My gifts. I fill you with My strength.

I touch your eyes. See yourself as you really are—as I see you. See Myself in the people around you. See the needs in the people whom I call you to serve.

I touch your ears. Hear My voice. Hear My expressions of love and gratitude for the person you are and the things you do to please Me. Hear the pleas of the people whom I call you to serve.

I touch your mouth. Speak My words. Hold back all that is unloving, unkind, unholy. Proclaim the kingdom of God in the way that I call you to serve.

I touch your heart. Your stony heart is replaced by My sacred and pure heart. I heal the pain from old and new wounds, and I give you the pain that I feel in My heart, caused by the sins and wounds of others, and through this I call you to love the sinners unconditionally.

I touch your hands. Reach out and heal others with Me. Give to them My embrace. Stroke their shoulders to give them My encouragement, and pat their backs to give them My affirmation.

I touch your feet. Go wherever our Father sends you. I will be with You always. I walk with you. My Spirit guides you, keeping you on the right path. Be assured, you will not make lasting mistakes, you will not stray for long, for I am walking with you. I have everything in My control. Fear nothing, My wonderful, dear, dear friend. Fear nothing, for My love for you is all consuming, and always victorious.

I LOVE YOU!

MOST LOVABLE LADY

I love thee, most lovable Lady, By the love which I bear thee, I promise ever to serve thee,
and to do as much as I can, that thou be loved by others also. I put all my hopes in thee,
all my salvation. Receive me as thy servant and cover me with the mantle of thy protection,
thou the Mother of mercy!
Anointing of the Holy Spirit:

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
Luke 11:13

Heavenly Father!

You know the thirst in me! Yes! Lord I have come to ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit.

Lord! We have come to the last days and You have promised to pour out Your Spirit upon all flesh! I claim in Your promise and plead for Your Holy Spirit Lord! Your Word says whoever asks shall receive! Let Your Holy Spirit step into my heart Lord and let His mighty presence engulf me even now!

Lord cleanse me of all my sins and short comings so that Your Holy Spirit can dwell in me. Lord! Unless He comes into my life, I can never lead a flawless life before You! So I need Your Spirit. I open my heart to You, come in and take control of my whole being and quench my thirst Lord!

I thank You Lord right now for granting me this precious gift. Let Him be my sweet companion for ever and let Him direct my steps. I know You have answered this prayer because I ask this in the most precious name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Amen.

God Not Only Forgives You He Forgets ( I love this story)

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with in the woods. He practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target.
Getting a little discouraged, he headed back to dinner. As he was walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved. In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes." But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen." Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.
Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper."
Sally just smiled and said, "Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help. She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.
After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed the he had killed the duck.
Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing. But because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you."
Thought for the day and everyday there after: Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done and the devil keeps throwing it up in your face (lying, debt, fear, hatred, anger, unforgiveness, bitterness, etc.) whatever it is, you need to know that Jesus Christ was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing, He has seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven. He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you.
The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets.

It is hard

To forget
To apologize
To save money
To be unselfish
To avoid mistakes
To keep out of a rut
To begin all over again
To make the best of all things
To keep your temper at all times
To think first and act afterwards
To maintain a high standard
To keep on keeping on
To shoulder blame
To be charitable
To admit error
To take advice
To forgive
But it pays!

January 18

I am leading you along the high road, but there are descents as well as ascents. In the distance you see snow-covered peaks glistening in brilliant sunlight. Your longing to reach those peaks is good, but you must not take shortcuts. Your assignment is to follow Me, allowing Me to direct your path. Let the heights beckon you onward, but stay close to Me.

Learn to trust Me when things go “wrong.” Disruptions to your routine highlight your dependence on Me. Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far outweigh them all. Walk hand in hand with Me through this day. I have lovingly planned every inch of the way. Trust does not falter when the path becomes rocky and steep. Breathe deep draughts of My Presence, and hold tightly to My hand. Together we can make it!

Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
—John 21:19

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
—2 Corinthians 4:17

The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.
—Habakkuk 3:19 - From Jesus Calling

PARABLE OF THE PENCIL
Author Unknown

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into
the box. There are 5 things you need to know, he told the pencil,
before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never
forget, and you will
become the best pencil you can be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow
yourself to be held in Someone's hand.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but
you'll need it to become a better pencil.

Three: You will be able to correct mistakes you will make.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside.

And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark.
No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box
with purpose in its heart.

Now replacing the place of the pencil with you; always remember them
and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow
yourself to be held in God's hand. And allow other human beings to
access you for the many gifts you possess.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by
going through various problems, but you'll need it to become a
stronger person.

Three: You will be able to correct mistakes you might make or grow
through them.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's on the
inside.

And Five: On every surface you walk, you must leave your mark. No
matter what the situation, you must continue to serve God in
everything.

By understanding and remembering, let us proceed with our life on this
earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart and a relationship with
God daily.

Valued Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Good Morning Everyone!

Lucy: Prayers for Lynn for a complete recovery. I hope the surgery went well.

Gloria: Thanks for the support of my post. I've wanted to share this for awhile, as I feel it's so important for folks to turn to the Holy Spirit. It took me much too long to do this, so if I can encourage someone to do it now, I'm happy to do so.

The story of Sammuel reminded me of a few times when I was sure I had heard my mom call to me during the night while she was staying here. The first time it happened, she thought something was wrong and I needed her. DH heard us talking in the hallway, and wondered what on earth we were doing up at about 3 in the morning having a chat. lol After she'd passed, the same thing happened with my DH. I ran downstairs two different times, and he was just watching tv, not a clue why I thought he'd called. It hasn't happened again, but I could never understand why these things had happened.

It was nearly 40 degrees yesterday, but I stayed home after mass for the rest of the day. We got a mix of rain and snow late afternoon, but doesn't seem to have made much difference outside. I read a lot online about living with less, a subject of great interest to me. I worked on the armoire in the tv room, trying to make some books and pictures stored there easier to access. It's much better now, and I think it looks much more open. Over the years we've pared down a lot, and try to be sure that we're using all that we keep. It makes cleaning, and finding things much easier, and it allows whatever is displayed anywhere to really show up nicely.

No plans to go out today, unless I take some donations we have ready to town. While I'm still in the mood, I'm going to continue to go through anything else we have stored to be sure it's easy to get to, and makes sense where it's stored. Have a good start to your week everyone! Hello to all of our posters and readers! Hugs, pinky

Trusted Contributor

Praying and hoping for Lynn's complete recovery. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Esteemed Contributor

Pinky Ann - Thanks so much for sharing that! You never know when the Lord is calling you, so listen to Him. Your experience surely was so similar to Samuel's and worth posting to us about. Wow! What I think is that you were called for prayer for your Mom, and your DH. That's my take on it. Interesting. Share more things - on here, for all to know the power of the Holy Spirit.

Harlene - Blessings to you and hope your day is going great!