Trusted Contributor

Thank you to everyone who responded!  It seems like Dyson is the favorite of most, but now I'm interested in Miele (I never heard of that brand before)!  Looks like I have some more homework to do!  Thanks again everyone & have a good night!

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Dyson!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I just was looking at my Consumer Report book. The best buy was Hoover. And Dyson ranked #3.

Respected Contributor

I would get the Shark Liftaway.  I had a Dyson Ball and hated it.  It is too heavy.  I gave it to DH to use at his shop.  I loved the Shark so much I bought one for home and one for work.

If you start a new thread saying Dyson, Bissell or Shark, Shark might win.  LOL  Try it!

There are lots of Shark lovers here.

Respected Contributor

I had a Dyson animal for several years until the hose became unattached from the unit.  I decided to go with a Shark rotator professional lift-away.  There is no comparision, the shark pulled the rugs off the floor with the amount of suction it has.  There is an adjustment to the amount of suction you can use, which is necessary on some of my rugs.  Hands down, the Shark picked up more than the Dyson ever did, and it was about 1/2 the price.   I would never buy another Dyson.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Neither. Get a Shark!

Esteemed Contributor

I have two dogs and two Dyson ball uprights. I swear by these Dysons. Easy to use. They hold up and get ALL the pet hair and more. l like the fact that the permanent filter is truly washable and is made to last. I've had other machines that the filters were flimsy. The footprint is easy to store and you still have some on board extenstions and tools.

I like the Bissell for the carpet cleaning machines only. 

Honored Contributor

I would get a Shark before I'd get a Dyson or a Bissell.

I know too many people who have had a Dyson and had nothing but problems with them.  And when they get them fixed, they have been told the vacuums have a lot of problems.

Everyone I know who has a Shark loves it. 

I own a Bissell right now and when it goes, I'm buying a Shark.  No question about it.  I just can't justify it right now because my Bissell isn't that old.

Honored Contributor

I agree with those who recommended a Miele.  I've had mine for 15 - 20 years, and the suction is still great.  I've never had it repaired. I've also had pets the entire time I've had it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Get a Shark!  Just as good as Dyson but cheaper and lighter.  I'm on my second one.  Plus I got a smaller one for my downstairs.  And I have a hand held model for my stairs.