Respected Contributor

Re: DWTS Chat ~ Week 7 10.26.15

I thought it was such a fun night! I loved the makeup, especially. Sharna's stitches were amazing. The first team dance was one of the best dances I have ever seen. The costumes were so striking. The 2nd dance was sort of sad. The makeup for the girls was awful & not flattering to any of them & with their grey costumes it really took away from the dance, which wasn't great to begin with. The music was weird, but it would be so hard to do different music each week & I suppose when they get a chance to do something different, they take it. I don't care for Tamar. She can dance. Just ask her! LOL Val does great, but they don't have any connection. I loved Binidi's comment. Don't confuse kindness with weakness. I was sorry to see Haye's go. Sort of. At first I didn't care for him. Then he seemed really nice to all of the dancers. And, then his Mom seemed a little camera hungry. I wonder why Nick's wife is never mentioned? He always talks about how the BSB made such a difference in his life, but no mention of Lauren? Maybe they are saving it for another season of their reality show?

Honored Contributor

I think Tamar's days are numbered, especially with her comment last night that she think she's the best dancer.  Wow

Honored Contributor

I do not care for Tamar either-haven't from Day 1. Seems a little snotty to me and just something about her, I didn't care for. She may be a great dancer, but this show is about more than that, its about entertaining and having the whole package-not just the dancing-remember Derek's partner Nastia Luken(sp)? She was a great dancer, but lacked personality on the dance floor in my opinion and she was eliminated before the finals.....You have to be likeable, as well......I think her days are numbered too...... 

Respected Contributor

the real ballroom style dancing is gone, and if they would have had any more smoke they woul

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

The ballroom dancing seems to be gone, and who would know    anyway with all that smoke? 

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

The first team/group dance was the absolute best one yet!  (IMO)  So professional, all in sync. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I wasn't all that unhappy about who went home.  It might be an age thing but I just never connected with Hayes.   

I also didn't feel that it was necessary for, I think it was Carrie Ann, to say that it was Bindi who was out of sych.  What was the need to make her feel bad.  She just could have left it as one of the ladies was out of step.  There was no need to single her out.  This was a group performance she just needed to score them as a whole.  I do think the dance the first group did was unique but I'll give points for the other group too.  It can't be easy to get everyone together for such an endeavor.

Someone mentioned about Bindi giving Tom a hug after she finishes each dance.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Alek always shakes Tom's hand before he goes up to get his score.  I see it as a form of respect for the host.  It says something about how they were brought up.  

I don't think it was a good thing for Carlos and Alexa to compete with each other.  Putting yourself in competition with your spouse probably isn't the best thing for your marriage.  I do like him but she isn't one of my favorites.  

I really like Alek but he still seems uncomfortable when he is performing.  I'm not sure he really likes being in the spotlight.  

My favorite for the trophy is still Bindi.  

Respected Contributor

The winning team was fabulous.  I think all the smoke throughout the show hid a lot of missteps.

I would love to see Tamar go next but I think it will be Alek. 

Either Derek is a fabulous teacher or Bindi has a dance background.  Truthfully I'm so over the Bindi show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@muttmom wrote:

The winning team was fabulous.  I think all the smoke throughout the show hid a lot of missteps.

I would love to see Tamar go next but I think it will be Alek. 

Either Derek is a fabulous teacher or Bindi has a dance background.  Truthfully I'm so over the Bindi show.

@muttmom  I was thinking last night that Bindi must have some kind of dance background.  I don't see how she could possibly be that good without any type of prior training.  I also think Derek is a fabulous teacher.

I agee with you about wishing Tamar would go next.  I, too, think it will probably be Alek.  I really like him and think he's doing a tremendous job, especially without any dance or performing experience.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Got caught up today.  I had to tune out after Bindi's dance.  Carlos's dance was very good.  I loved the group dances but I think the right team won.  Team Nightmare was amazing.  

I did think they made way too big a fuss out of this being the first time Derek has ever lost a team dance.  So what?  Why does that need to be discussed?  He's got a big enough head already, LOL.

I was sorry that Hayes went home but not really surprised.  He is just not really that well known.  Plus, he got really good scores tonight and the judges made a big fuss over him in the group dance.  I figured right then that his fate was sealed, poor fellow.  I mean, he was good in the group dance but so was everyone else.  

It is really too bad but someone had to go.  He really did dance well last night though and no one can take that away from him.  Perhaps Disney will find something for him.  Smiley Happy

I think next week it will either be Tamar or Alexa who goes, even though I think they are both doing a fine job and are capable of improvement before the finale.  I just don't think they have enough fans to keep them on much longer.  

I think Alek is probably the "worst" dancer right now (though he has really, really improved) but I do believe he will stay at least another week.