Esteemed Contributor
Pqfan, glass is all things glass and paper is all things paper, including cardboard.

Don't worry. You'll do fine !
Honored Contributor

Lila Belle wrote:
Pqfan, glass is all things glass and paper is all things paper, including cardboard.

Don't worry. You'll do fine !

this really depends on where you live and what they recycle...... for example, paper is not all things paper. we cannot put kleenex, napkins, or paper towels in with the recycling. greasy pizza boxes cannot go in with recycling.

glass items that are not acceptable in our area include mirrors, drinking glasses, crystal, light bulbs, and a few other items.

it really is important to look at your county recycling website.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU RECYCLE ?

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer

I've done the research, and I've done it for you, also.

Read the article I provided for you as a start, because you seem to know nothing about what IS being done.

Feelgood articles about recycling are worthless when reality kicks in.  I did over three weeks of research on recycling, called in the experts, and then I decided on what to bother recycling. Paper and metal yes, some plastics yes, and dirty metals and plastics that will hurt my system are trashed.  

As as for the plastic bags you mentioned, I use those all the time.  I'm not worried about mine ending up in any water.  I'm more concerned about reusable bags that have to be constantly washed in....here it comes...water.  Preferably hot water.

I notuced that you didn't address my points.  

Your points are wrong, @Blahblahvampemer. For example, we don't have to wash out any food containers, we can just wipe it out with a used paper towel and the rest is done for us at the recycle center.

You might want to look into your plastic bags hurting the wildlife in your area, and yes, there are photos.

Oh, and you might want to look up waste water used for commercial use.  Not safe to drink, but it is safe to wash cans, etc.

I am very surprised you know nothing about the advances made in the last decade.

I am surprised at the complete lack of knowledge about how things get into the water system. Just because you don't live by a body of water or your dump is not right next to a body of water does not mean things cannot or will not get into the water table or water system. The dead zone in the ocean where there is a huge area of microfine plastic particles did not happen soley because people were throwing things directly into the ocean.

Ugh and don't get me started on how plastic affects wildlife- I help rescue plenty of animals with plastic wrapped around their legs, neck, and wings. It is very sad.

Ah well, it is clear some people just don't care and regardless of what is said, they won't change their mind. We can only hope that the majority of people do care and are willing and open to changing their behaviours for the betterment of Planet Earth and, subsequently, their fellow human beings.

Esteemed Contributor
Plastic is petroleum based. Oil producers use our military as their own private armies to prop up their power, rule, and harsh domination in that part of the world.

Recycle.
Esteemed Contributor

This could have been a great thread as I am always wanting to learn new facts about recycling. However the tone. Took a condescending turn. It isn't what you say but how you say it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

We have apartment pick up twice a month...yes, I do recycle...

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer

I've done the research, and I've done it for you, also.

Read the article I provided for you as a start, because you seem to know nothing about what IS being done.

Feelgood articles about recycling are worthless when reality kicks in.  I did over three weeks of research on recycling, called in the experts, and then I decided on what to bother recycling. Paper and metal yes, some plastics yes, and dirty metals and plastics that will hurt my system are trashed.  

As as for the plastic bags you mentioned, I use those all the time.  I'm not worried about mine ending up in any water.  I'm more concerned about reusable bags that have to be constantly washed in....here it comes...water.  Preferably hot water.

I notuced that you didn't address my points.  

Your points are wrong, @Blahblahvampemer. For example, we don't have to wash out any food containers, we can just wipe it out with a used paper towel and the rest is done for us at the recycle center.

You might want to look into your plastic bags hurting the wildlife in your area, and yes, there are photos.

Oh, and you might want to look up waste water used for commercial use.  Not safe to drink, but it is safe to wash cans, etc.

I am very surprised you know nothing about the advances made in the last decade.

Thank you.  She certainly is clueless on this subject for someone who has "researched."

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Sooner,  My 2 cats consume food out of cans that have recycling value, so that is most of what I recycle.  I hear what you're saying, as bulk vegetables and meats don't produce much waste for the bins. 

Thanks.  There comes a point when I would hate for the garbage truck to come and the guys have to go to the trouble of sorting for so little---and I don't like keeping things around forever either.   

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I can't understand how anyone can not recycle, or have no interest in recycling.

Smiley

I can't understand how a lot of people simply get through the day, or care for someone else, or deal with the stress they have.  There are lots of things all of us don't make a priority that I would say everyone should.  DIfferent strokes and different lives make the world go around.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking some some recycling should be done on some attitudes around here.  Good grief!  Pretty mean spirited comments for those who don't do just as you do aren't there?  Really  Is there a reason to go there?