Honored Contributor

I live in a townhouse community with weekly curbside recycling pickup provided by the county.  All they ask is that you keep paper materials separated for all the other recyclables.  It's nice to see that most residents do their share in recycling, but I have a neighbor across the street who recycles absolutely nothing.  Such a shame.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I recycle but could probably be a little more diligent about it.  Our community has curbside recycling and my workplace is a large supporter of recycling as well.  I can bring things to work for recycling as there are several bins located throughout.  I have a large bag that I carry back and forth to work every day that I use to carry my recyclables (water bottles, paper, detergent bottles, etc.).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

We don't have curbside recycling either but the recycling center is about 5 minutes from the center of town and also from Kroger and Food City so it is very convenient.  I usually head to the recycling center first and then to the grocery store. 

Honored Contributor

we have once a week mixed curbside recycling and once a month yard waste recycling. we have one regular trash pickup a week.

we try to recycle as much as we can, but there are some things that cannot go into our mixed recycling,......clam shell containers, plastic wrap, plastic bags, styrofoam, candy bar/food wrappers, and more.

the plastic bags i take to the grocery store to place in their bins.

i save the restaurant containers, nice deli containers, and some glass containers. i use those mostlly for when i pack things up for leftovers for friends and family to take home. they know they dont have to bring them back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

We have curbside recycling. Years ago the city issued large blue trash cans for recycling materials.  We don't have to sort anything.  We always have a full container and sometimes have to use two.

Honored Contributor

I do recycle.  In all good conscience, I couldn't order newspaper delivery if I didn't also recycle paper.

Honored Contributor

Recycling is important.  We don't have curbside pickup either.  But our community has bins for single-stream recycling.  I save my recyclables in the garage and load up the car several times a year for a trip to the recycling area.

I'm dismayed as well by the number of people who apparently don't recycle.  My neighbor is a school teacher with small, elementary-school-age children.  He, of all people, should recycle - knowing its benefits and wanting to set a good example for the kids.  But, no.  They have so much garbage (twice a week pick-up) and a lot of if it is cardboard.

Regular Contributor

Ever since they dropped the blue bin at our house, 15 years or so ago, I have done it religiously. I mean if they're going to come and pick it up and all you have to do is put in there,  why not. It's so easy to do, just rinse out whatever needs it, put it in the bin, sit it on the curb and that's it. It's just second nature to me to do it now. When I go to somebody's house that doesn't do it, I find myself wanting to put it in the bin and there isn't one. Really hard for me to  throw it in the trash knowing it can be recycled to help the universer. 

Contributor

YES!  We have curbside pickup once a week in Florida and we take our recycle to the Transfer Station (my Grampa called it "the dumps") in Maine.

Respected Contributor

We have a large "blue bin" in which we stow all recyclables. It gets picked up once a week. The best part is that we don't have to separate things like paper, glass, or plastic. I think it must help some. Better than simple building a bigger mountain of trash.