Respected Contributor

My DD came home the other day with some takeout food for

herself. I was noticing the nice plastic containers with lids. It

has me wondering how many people recycle or reuse these

containers. How about All plastic containers, water bottles,

detergent containers, etc......Do you recycle ?

It saddens me to think that many people just throw them in

the trash daily !

We don't have curbside recycling but our community has two

recycling sites. They accept glass, plastic, cans, paper and

cardboard. I take advantage of this and try to do my part and

recycle everything I can. 

I wish more people would do this. Please stop and think what

you are throwing away!  Can you recycle it ? We all need to pitch

in and stop polluting our environment.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I definately recycle. 

Honored Contributor

We have curbside recycling, and I do recycle.  I recycle everything I can.  I have a friend who doesn't, and I don't understand that at all.  I've tried to talk to her, but she says her husband doesn't want to do it.Smiley Sad

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It surprised me somewhere doesn't offer curbside recycling with trash pickup.  I thought it was a law by now.

We recycle everything.  Our county wants us to use blue trash bags for recycling.

Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU RECYCLE ?

[ Edited ]

It saddens me too. There are a bunch of people around me who never recycle and I have no idea why since it is so easy these days- they clearly mark on the container what can go in it and you don't even need to sort it (except the glass needs to be separate)!

I not only recycle but I compost and buy compostable products when available. My regular 15 gallon garbage is not even half full when they come to collect it but my 32 gallon recycle bin is packed full (they only pick that up ever other week). Most of the things like plastic lids that I can't put in my recycle bin I can take to Whole Foods and they recycle them, making toothbrushes, etc.

If they are good sturdy plastic containers I will re-use them. I have several in my cabinets.

I also never use plastic utensils- I bring my bamboo set with me everywhere I go ( I have sets in every car and in my purses, lol).

I don't use plastic straws- I have my own reusable ones I carry with me.

I also always bring my re-usable grocery bags and veggie bags- I have sets in each car. No plastic or paper for me.

My plastic garbage bags biodegrade completely within several months.

I am always looking for ways to reduce my carbon and environmental footprint! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

My county has once a week curbside recycling . Most everything can be recycled with one or two exceptions.  Everyone seems to participate, as we pay for it in our county taxes. I agree it is

a very good thing.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

We don't have curbside recycling in our area but we do recycle by taking everything that we can to a recycling center about 20 minutes away. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

It surprised me somewhere doesn't offer curbside recycling with trash pickup.  I thought it was a law by now.

We recycle everything.  Our county wants us to use blue trash bags for recycling.

The only curbside pickup we have is regular trash.

Honored Contributor

Yes we do.  We have a three-bin trashcan in the kitchen.  We also wash the recyclables thoroughly (where appropriate, e.g., bottles, cans, etc.) before we put them in the bin.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986