Esteemed Contributor

My sister is thinking of signing up with them...but unsure if she can even trust them with all her info...

Do any of you have it and are you happy with it...Thanks for any reply.....

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.

I put a credt freeze across all 3 of my reports. Costs $10 in my state to lift the freeze when I want to apply for credit.

The guy that founded lifelock offered a bounty to anyone that could hack his info. Someone did just that.

Esteemed Contributor
Your bank will pretty much offer the same services for free.
Honored Contributor

I have it, but I don't think it's of any use. You have to give them ALL your info, banking and otherwise. It may work for identity theft but the times I've had a CC hacked I never heard a peep from them. And I've gotten flurries of useless emails about obvious stuff. 

And FWIW the last time I got hacked it was the card I used to pay them. SOMEHOW, they are still getting paid - and NOT because I gave them a new card #. I've been expecting a "we need a new card #" email but I haven't gotten it. To be honest I think they're overrated and creepy and if I had it to do over again.... 

And I'm fearful of canceling. I've heard it's difficult - and they will always have the info you've given them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

No, too expensive imo.........

Honored Contributor

NO.........I am very wary of "scare tactics"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

No, I think it's a waste 

Honored Contributor

No, but because of a security breach with my old insurance, I have two years' of free protection by another company.

Esteemed Contributor

I have them and they make me comfortable just having them.  However whenever there has been any problem my credit card company was much quicker... Chase credit card. Awesome.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for all your replies...I am writing them down and sending off to my sister...I know she will appreciate everything you have told me....as much as I appreciate all of you sharing your experiences....

If you read the other thread i mention how my sister got tricked into saying YES to a caller...she answered her phone without checking to see who it was...and he engaged her in converstation and next thing she knew he asked her something and she said yes...and he hung up...she knew she was had...thus she thought Life Lock would help....but it doesn't sound like it...

She has been worried sick since that day...