Trusted Contributor

Re: DEALING WITH NEW NEIGHBOR

@Shop Till you Drop I know sad isnt it? Is like "profiling and stereotyping people" and the same ones wistfully think back to "The Good ole days" Those good old days were not so un-neighborly either according to some.  Oh but if they fall or in a crisis they are screaming for a stranger to pull them to their feet or call an ambulance for them.....when its convenient and benefits them to speak to a stranger. (otherwise is a slammed door and talking bad about them) It was mentioned that the female new neighbor spoke limited English and I have a feeling she will soon wish she never came there to live. Is common in most countries and in USA South for neighbors to look after each other and be quite friendly. I am so glad I live where i do and have crossed off apartment living off my list.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain

a casual invitation for coffee is in my mind not pushy at all.  i feel for anyone who is so distrusting of the human race.  must have had a very sad life. 

Honored Contributor

I'm  not an Ostrich, I'm not one who thinks it could never happen to me. Often people upon finding out their is a killer etc will say," He was so nice, friendly and helpful. Bundy was charming, good looking. 

I'm also not desparate for a friend, I'm not needy so I don't view an invitation for coffee from some new neighbor as a treat.

Valued Contributor

Bundy also drove a cute Volkswagen Beetle which helped him get women into his car. Good point @occasionalrain

Honored Contributor

How many Bundys  have we had?  Statistically I think everyone is safe from meeting one.

I think the OP has lost interested in her thread and has moved on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think the OP has moved on, too, and I can't blame her, even though overall, I disagreed with her assessment of the new neighbors. 

when you start  a thread here, it can take on a life of its own.  And go into directions that are totally unexpected.

Honored Contributor

Statistics are small comfort to those seniors whose bank accounts are emptied or to the families of those few whose neighbor wasn't  Mr. Rogers. I would rather err on the side of caution. Better safe than sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be careful. They could be swingers. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

I would be careful. They could be swingers. LOL

Lol.. They would swing and swing and strike out with me, and probably most women.  Real swingers go to clubs or get involved in online groups where they'll have some success in getting a match. 

Frequent Contributor

I moved into a new neighborhood quite a few years back, I am friendly and tried to get to know my neighbors, it never worked for me. I know people want there privacy and I respect that but for pete sake what has happened to getting to know others. In today's society it is quite sad that people look to facebook for their friends and when the real deal is right in front of them they turn their backs before taking the time to get to know a real person, possibly a new friend.

Shame. Smiley Sad