Honored Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

This has publicity stunt written all over it.

Honored Contributor

After reading the links and all the info they contain...

1) he is a Class A jerk. We all know the type. Bet he's a nightmare to live with.

2) She's hiding something. She worked as a manager in the retail section of CB, not the food service area.  CB is HUGE on promoting from within; those that work/have worked all said the same thing: she started out as a server and moved up the ranks. They promoted her to Retail Manager and it didn't work out (she couldn't handle the job requirements). She was let go. Maybe part of the problem was a retired Brad calling her, stopping by.....who knows. SHE knows, however, due to how CB handles their terminations (document out the wazoo). SHE is the one people should re demanding answers of.

3) Waste of time to hit CB with such nonsense but that's what trolls do. They LIVE for it.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I am waiting for Brads wife gofundme page to pop up.

@missy1

LOL! Out of curiosity, I just checked Go Fund Me and there are 39 different funds set up for 'Brad's Wife Cracker Barrel'!!

(Don't think I can post a link to that site here)

You called that one, LOL!

ETA: For fun, I looked thru some of the 39 gofundme accounts that have been set up, which range from $1,000 to $100M (yep, one hundred MILLION, LOL!) requested and 1 site gives the impression that it's endorsed by Jennifer Aniston and another by Angelina Jolie, LOL!

3 sites actually have a $10 donation and 1 has $5.......unbelievable.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I doubt this is a publicity stunt for Cracker Barrel.  I doubt a company would use the termination of an employee as a way to get attention for their business.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Hope it will die down. I won't feed the beast on Facebook. Yes the comments are hilarious. I read she was a terrible manager of the retail store. Not sure if it's true. Brad probably visited her too often at the store and is controlling, my guess.

A family member in Georgia used to waitress at CB and her husband would eat there expecting a free meal and would bother her a lot and ask her for her cash tips. She eventually divorced him. 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I doubt this is a publicity stunt for Cracker Barrel.  I doubt a company would use the termination of an employee as a way to get attention for their business.

@VaBelle35

I agree. I think it's a publicity stunt by 'Brad', to collect anything he can.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

All I know from what cracker barrel, in my part of the world, is a brand of cheese products.  Whatever else it is must be regional.

Honored Contributor

Talk about a PR nightmare!    Woman Surprised

It's also pretty sad that so many people know nothing about employment law.   sheesh.

Brad's wife needs to be honest with her husband.   She knows why she was fired ....  as opposed to "laid off".   

Question ..........   If you were an employer, would you hire a woman with a husband like Brad?  

Regular Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

All I know from what cracker barrel, in my part of the world, is a brand of cheese products.  Whatever else it is must be regional.

@chickenbutt

According to their site they have 642 locations in 43 states.

Esteemed Contributor

I would put money on the fact that Brad's wife knows why she was "fired". And, I might also guess Brad has an idea - this is just a publicity stunt by them to rake in $$$$.

And what boggles my mind even more, the general public is buying into it.

Didn't read where this took place, however, the state I reside in is a "fire at will" state. But as someone mentioned most people don't know/understand employment laws.