Regular Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

All I know from what cracker barrel, in my part of the world, is a brand of cheese products.  Whatever else it is must be regional.

@chickenbutt

According to their site they have 642 locations in 43 states.

@OceanDreamer

Wow ....  all I've ever seen are small foil bricks of cheese.  They have 642 locations?   I'm guessing in the SE states?  

43 states is more than just the SE @Tinkrbl44.

There's probably a map of locations.......I didn't look. Yes there's the cheese. When I looked for the company's size I saw articles re Kraft suing CB.  Seems Kraft has used the moniker longer than the restaurants.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

IMG_1090.JPG

@sidsmom, hahaha...so true about the giraffe!  I've given up clicking on the daily links in FB

Regular Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I think the main reason they don't change their name is because whether you like the name or not, that is a huge expense and undertaking especially with a company that has brand recognition which it most certainly does. Most people don't have a problem with the name or the meaning so to go through that huge expense which would be a pretty big gamble.

Not sure about 'most', tons of comments about this on FaceBook and other media, why that poster is hounding me about bringing it up is silly.  Though I do agree, it would cost them millions in rebranding with a name change.

I see no posters "hounding" you lol.

If you think people replying to your posts is "hounding" perhaps you're new to social media. People reply, ask questions, follow up etc. It's a conversation usually.

Agreed a rename is costly.

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Has anyone see a photo of Mr & Mrs Brad ?    

@Tinkrbl44

😉

American Gothic

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I think the main reason they don't change their name is because whether you like the name or not, that is a huge expense and undertaking especially with a company that has brand recognition which it most certainly does. Most people don't have a problem with the name or the meaning so to go through that huge expense which would be a pretty big gamble.

Not sure about 'most', tons of comments about this on FaceBook and other media, why that poster is hounding me about bringing it up is silly.  Though I do agree, it would cost them millions in rebranding with a name change.

To be honest, I have never heard anyone who didn't like the name or really cared before this incident. I also have not been on their facebook page even after Brads wife lost her job (I agree, I think she knew why) are these comments before or after. Obviously this restaurant serves millions a year so a couple hundred or even a couple of thousand complaining about the name don't make a majority. We have one in our town but it is a drive from my house. My mom loves the place though so I take her every once in a while. Always quite a wait which surprises me I guess. I can eat like that every once in a while but not weekly. I used to love their Chicken and Dumplings but it has probably been 20 yrs since I had that there. I will say that the whole Brads Wife fiasco reminded my mom it was time for me to take her. lol!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

All I know from what cracker barrel, in my part of the world, is a brand of cheese products.  Whatever else it is must be regional.

@chickenbutt

According to their site they have 642 locations in 43 states.

@OceanDreamer

Wow ....  all I've ever seen are small foil bricks of cheese.  They have 642 locations?   I'm guessing in the SE states?  

43 states is more than just the SE @Tinkrbl44.

There's probably a map of locations.......I didn't look. Yes there's the cheese. When I looked for the company's size I saw articles re Kraft suing CB.  Seems Kraft has used the moniker longer than the restaurants.

@OceanDreamer

Okay, just to be more specific, I didn't mean that CB has restaurants ONLY in the SE.    Thinking back, I've never seen a CB restaurant and I've driven cross country five times, so I'm fairly familiar with the chain restaurants that are on main highways.

Trusted Contributor

OK, one more time Crackers were sold from barrels.  Think little house, Waltons mountain.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Still can buy large plastic barrel of animal crackers in the grocery stores.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I am so sick of people taking to social media over every little thing.  So many of them are doing nothing more than trying to get their 5 minutes of fame by having a posting and/or video go viral.  And news stations and people eat all this right up.

Of course Brad's wife knows why she was fired.  Instead of going on social media, Brad should be having a conversation with his wife about all this.  Even on the off chance that she didn't know why she got fired, it's not his concern to take to social media like that.

Do people not know how to have an adult conversation and settle things without making it public somehow?