Honored Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@SydneyH  Do you know what a cracker barrel refers to?  It means simple and unsophisticated.  As in simple food, simple recipes.

It's a phrase.

Yes I'm aware of the various terms, that being said my original question stands, thanks........

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@SydneyH  Do you know what a cracker barrel refers to?  It means simple and unsophisticated.  As in simple food, simple recipes.

It's a phrase.

Yes I'm aware of the various terms, that being said my original question stands, thanks........

If you're aware of what was explained about the reason for the company's name then you see your question was answered and is illogical to pursue further.  

Unless you're one of those people perpetually looking to be offended by something..........

Honored Contributor

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It's a phrase.

If you're aware of what was explained about the reason for the company's name then you see your question was answered and is illogical to pursue further.  

Unless you're one of those people perpetually looking to be offended by something..........

Did you NOT read what I wrote?  The snark is not necessary, nor am I offended by the 'explanations'.  Thank you.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It's a phrase.

Did you NOT read what I wrote?  The snark is not necessary, nor am I offended by the 'explanations'.  Thank you.

My "offended" remark refers to your post "I'm dying to know why this restaurant chain still chooses to keep it's name."

If you did not ask this for the reason being that you think their name is offensive then I was wrong and apology offered.

If you did not ask because you think the name  is offensive....... then why do you feel they should change their name?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

Brad's wife knows why, however I'm dying to know why this restaurant chain still chooses to keep it's name.

This might help to quote what I referred to. Why shouldn't they keep their name?

What's wrong with it?

Honored Contributor

Has anyone see a photo of Mr & Mrs Brad ?    

Esteemed Contributor

I think the main reason they don't change their name is because whether you like the name or not, that is a huge expense and undertaking especially with a company that has brand recognition which it most certainly does. Most people don't have a problem with the name or the meaning so to go through that huge expense which would be a pretty big gamble.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

All I know from what cracker barrel, in my part of the world, is a brand of cheese products.  Whatever else it is must be regional.

@chickenbutt

According to their site they have 642 locations in 43 states.

@OceanDreamer

Wow ....  all I've ever seen are small foil bricks of cheese.  They have 642 locations?   I'm guessing in the SE states?  

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I think the main reason they don't change their name is because whether you like the name or not, that is a huge expense and undertaking especially with a company that has brand recognition which it most certainly does. Most people don't have a problem with the name or the meaning so to go through that huge expense which would be a pretty big gamble.

Not sure about 'most', tons of comments about this on FaceBook and other media, why that poster is hounding me about bringing it up is silly.  Though I do agree, it would cost them millions in rebranding with a name change.

Honored Contributor

I've seen them in NJ,NY,and maybe MD and Delaware I think. I see them a lot off of interstates when we travel.