Honored Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

Brad's wife knows why, however I'm dying to know why this restaurant chain still chooses to keep it's name.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone asked Brad's wife if she applied for and qualified for unemployment benefits?  That is also a clue as to what the reason for termination was.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Well, one thing Brad's done for his wife: Made her unemployable. You'd have to be nuts to hire someone with a partner who can generate this kind of a mess.

Esteemed Contributor

BRad's a jerk.  He obviously has no experience in working for a business or he would know that the law prohibits companies from discussing the reasons why someone was let go with anyone except the employee.  HE can demand a explanation from now till doomsday and he is not going to get it.  I am sure his wife knows why she was let go.  If it was performance based she would have had prior discussions with her management about the areas she needed to improve in and these discussions would be documented.  IF it was a RIF she would have been advised of that also.   DId you read some of the comments?  Most of the posters are barely literate. WHat a sad commentary on public education when people cannot spell or put together a coherent sentence.

Respected Contributor

I wonder what Brad's wife thinks about his behavior. He must be enjoying his fifteen minutes of "fame" or whatever. I hope she is brighter than he is for her own good. It would be interesting to hear what her former co-workers know about the firing. Maybe one of them or a customer or relative will give a reporter a scoop if promised to be quoted as requesting to remain anonymous. 

Honored Contributor

I am waiting for Brads wife gofundme page to pop up.

Esteemed Contributor

Brad is threatening to sue CB to find out why his wife was fired.

Yeah, go ahead with that, Brad.

You'll be laughed out of court for bringing such a frivolous lawsuit, and you will loose.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is amazing free advertising for Cracker Barrel.

Living forever in memes...with a tongue-in-cheek spin.

Things I read:

Could this be a publicity stunt?  Brad/Brad's Wife never existed?

....also....

If true, maybe Geico hires 'Brad's Wife' for one of their campy commercials?

This has such comic value since everyone knows what a Cracker Barrel is.  That's where everyone would stop when traveling on the interstate.  The silliness has SO transcended the original serious post...and the goofiness is what will live on.  

A week from now, the internet will be on to other things. 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Brad's wife knows why, however I'm dying to know why this restaurant chain still chooses to keep it's name.

@SydneyH  Do you know what a cracker barrel refers to?  It means simple and unsophisticated.  As in simple food, simple recipes.

It's a phrase.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@SydneyH  Do you know what a cracker barrel refers to?  It means simple and unsophisticated.  As in simple food, simple recipes.

It's a phrase.

@VaBelle35 

You're right. From Oxford Dictionary:

What does cracker-barrel mean?

So, what does cracker mean? The term cracker is indeed an offensive term in the US referring to poor whites. However, what does the term ‘cracker-barrel’ actually refer to?

Cracker-barrel refers to something ‘plain, simple, and unsophisticated’, especially of a philosophy. For example: ‘When he came to read the creators of the English realistic novel, he recognized the cracker-barrel philosophy in them at once’. The term has its origins in the country stores of the late 19th-century US, where the barrels of soda crackers ended up being the site of informal discussions between customers. The philosophizing taking place over these cracker barrels would have been, presumably, of the plain and simple sort. This extended use of the term as a modifier is reminiscent of the way in which ‘water-cooler’ came to be used in the phrase ‘water-cooler conversation’, with reference to the chatting and socializing that occurs between office workers in the communal area around a water cooler.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015/07/cracker-barrel-offensive/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.