Honored Contributor

Counting my blessings today...

Which I try and do everyday...just sometimes I forget to put things into perspective when things go wrong...

I just turned on  CNN and I'm seeing the news about an exodus from Hungry to Austria...have mercy! Can't we all just get along?

Saying prayers for all the folks under such hardship and stress...thanking the good Lord we still have our home and freedoms...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Counting my blessings today...

I can't get the image of that 3y/o washed onto the beach out of my mind.

Can anyone imagine carrying all they now own in the world in a backpack ?

I pray that the world takes note and offers these people refuge.
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the reminder.Heart

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

I also can't get the image of that poor child out of my mind.  Beyond heartbreaking.  

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

I also can't get the image of that poor child out of my mind.  Beyond heartbreaking.  

This image has haunted me since the first time I viewed it.

Honored Contributor

I try to count my blessings every day.  So many have paid the price for what we have.  Big or small, we are so much better off than so many.  I pray for that precious childs' family and know in my heart that he, his brother and mother are safe. Maybe, for the first time ever.  His father will be someday, too.  Blessings to him until the day comes that he is with his family.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Which I try and do everyday...just sometimes I forget to put things into perspective when things go wrong...

I just turned on  CNN and I'm seeing the news about an exodus from Hungry to Austria...have mercy! Can't we all just get along?

Saying prayers for all the folks under such hardship and stress...thanking the good Lord we still have our home and freedoms...

Thanks for starting this thread.  That is so heartbreaking.......I think it is time for us to realize how good we have it here.  We may not be happy with all that our Congress, Senate, and President do, but at least we aren't having to face what the folks are.  My heart goes out to those folks and hope and pray they find some peace in their lives. 

I too can't help but see that man carrying the little boy on the beach that had been washed ashore.  So very sad......he did nothing to deserve to die like that 

If I could, I would get down on my knees and pray for those folks......but I can't do that......but I can pray for them, and I will.......

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Grandmother on my Father's side was from Budapest, Hungry....so I suppose some of those poor people and I share DNA......it is just awful to see such conditions for anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

These are Syrian refugees, june22, passing thru Hungary and other countries to get to Austria and Germany.

And yes, the conditions are too awful for words.
Trusted Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
These are Syrian refugees, june22, passing thru Hungary and other countries to get to Austria and Germany.

And yes, the conditions are too awful for words.

Oh, thank-you fir the correction @Lila Belle. DNA or not, it is just so sad.