Honored Contributor

Re: Could you, would you turn a relative/friend in if they told you they were planning to commit a c

Yes, but I hope and pray that I'm NEVER in that situation.

Nothing repulses me more when someone commits a heinous crime and the parents 'still love and support them' (e.g. Scott Peterson--spit).

Trusted Contributor

Re: Could you, would you turn a relative/friend in if they told you they were planning to commit a c

She was his x wife, so why would she be afraid of him?  She could have told the police he was a danger to her as well.  Plus, notifying the FBI should have been her first order, instead she bought the bullets for him knowing he was mentally unstable.  I thing she was in it with him. 

Trusted Contributor

As difficult as it would be, most definitely.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think if you called the police and said you had heard someone threaten to go somewhere and do a mass shooting that the police would probably do very little in response to that, and probably nothing that would actually prevent it happening. Just my opinion.

@151949 In my opinion, you are wrong!!

Here in a Missouri town, a Mother found out that her son was planning to shoot up a movie theater and then go to Walmart.

She called the police and her son was stopped before he could carry this act of evil.

"Ye of little Faith"

Honored Contributor

I was just on facebook and realized where this thread came from - it seems DT is spouting off that all Americans should be put in jail if they don't rat out their friends and neighbors. So , this is, in fact, a back handed political thread.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

She was his x wife, so why would she be afraid of him?  She could have told the police he was a danger to her as well.  Plus, notifying the FBI should have been her first order, instead she bought the bullets for him knowing he was mentally unstable.  I thing she was in it with him. 

I believe she is the second wife.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I was just on facebook and realized where this thread came from - it seems DT is spouting off that all Americans should be put in jail if they don't rat out their friends and neighbors. So , this is, in fact, a back handed political thread.

I disagree with you. 

But you just turned it into a 'back handed politcal thread' with your post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, at any time.

Think of all the innocent lives, especially children & animals. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

If I thought they might hurt someone, or themself, yes.  I did turn someone in once.  It was a dangerous situation for 4 young children.  When she got into the car with her son, 4 months, drove away, went over curb and swerved down the road we did call police.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

Yes I would.  Any indication of them planning a crime, it would be no problem & the right thing to do.

If my life, were not in danger.

You could always do it anonymously.