Honored Contributor

Re: Could You Pass A 1954 Home Economics Class?

5 out of 19 here!

I actually follow Home Comforts by Cheryl Mendelson and while I do air out my bed for 20 minutes every morning (sometimes more!), I don't think she says to open the window.  I need to re-check that point.

Anyway, Home Comforts is a good book for certain things like the best way to go about cleaning the inside of the freezer (baking soda) and other things you don't normally think about cleaning, replacing, changing.

It's not for the weak!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

None of those issues were ever brought up in my Home Ec, so naturally, I failed that test!

But my mother got a B+ on my sewing project -- a dress with a pointed collar, sleeves, zipper, and I can't remember if it had a waist seam. And she was a seamstress by profession!

(The teacher did not like the way the hem was done. To this day, I have no idea what she was looking for, and frankly, could care less! I still hem things the way my mother taught me!)

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to check out this quiz later today, but I think I will do terribly.

Respected Contributor

I took Home Ec in 1963 as a freshman in high school. We only learned about cooking and sewing...no etiquette or household lessons.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli