Frequent Contributor

Re: Could Really Use Some Opinions/Suggestions On A Bunch Of New Neighbors

It seems everyone has a role to play... Oh well!
Super Contributor

On 9/2/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: as sad as I am about this OP, I'm remembering another OP who resists helpful suggestions too ----and I have read all the posts and what a lot of caring, loving posters are here

Unfortunately, it's posters like the one to whom I believe you are referring, that cause otherwise caring people to be skeptical of others here.

The OP of this particular thread I feel for.

Esteemed Contributor

The best place for you to start to get help is with your state Dept on aging. you cannot have your cake and eat it too. You said you do not want to call them and try to get help because when your mother was sick and you contacted them they wanted information on your mother's financial situation and you don't want to provide that information. The services that can be provided are for seniors WHO NEED THEM. How do you expect them to help you determine what assistance you can get if you refuse to provide them with information about your finances? Again, It sounds like another excuse to do nothing to help yourself and then complain about your situation. just read back through your,posts. Every suggestion others have made has been met with some reason why you can't or won't take the suggestion.