Esteemed Contributor

Re: Costco and/or BJ shoppers

I belong to both for different reasons.  I prefer the chicken at BJ's because it is thinly sliced, unlike at Costco.

If you are thinking about renewing at Costco, you might want to consider their VISA, which is what I am thinking about since I am up for renewal.  For $55, you are supposed to get the benefits of the Executive Membership.  I will be checking it out on my next visit.

I know with my BJ's membership, if you get their credit card, which I do not have, gas is always 10 cents less at the pump.  On months when you get 5 percent off at the pump with a purchase, it then becomes 15 cents off per gallon.   We only have one Costco and there are no gas pumps.

I also like that BJ's takes manufacturer coupons, which Costco does not.  In general, I prefer Costco meats, fish, baked goods, butter, and laundry products.  I prefer BJ's pet food variety and most dairy products.  This is why I belong to both.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I don't believe Costco sells the thin slices of breasts like you are asking about.  

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl, I'm a member of Costco and they sell organic chicken wrapped individually like pictured.  I haven't looked for the chicken sliced thin so don't know about that.  (At least at my Costco).   

I just took some out of the freezer.  Woman LOL

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I don't know what a BJ is.  Costco, yes.

Concerning organic - please be certain you find out where the meats orginate.  I've had vendors offer me samples of "All Natural, Organic Meats" and I ask "Where does it come from? I was told Mexico.   Now, I have traveled to that country where meats are UNGRADED - just butchered and sold.  No thank you, I prefer meat that is graded and frozen for health reasons and not meat/s from other countries where animals are fed anything nor given vaccines for certain parasites or diseases.  As always, keep vigilant of your health and the food you eat and drink. 

We do not buy food from Mexico, organic or otherwise.

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I belong to both for different reasons.  I prefer the chicken at BJ's because it is thinly sliced, unlike at Costco.

If you are thinking about renewing at Costco, you might want to consider their VISA, which is what I am thinking about since I am up for renewal.  For $55, you are supposed to get the benefits of the Executive Membership.  I will be checking it out on my next visit.

I know with my BJ's membership, if you get their credit card, which I do not have, gas is always 10 cents less at the pump.  On months when you get 5 percent off at the pump with a purchase, it then becomes 15 cents off per gallon.   We only have one Costco and there are no gas pumps.

I also like that BJ's takes manufacturer coupons, which Costco does not.  In general, I prefer Costco meats, fish, baked goods, butter, and laundry products.  I prefer BJ's pet food variety and most dairy products.  This is why I belong to both.

Thank you for th VISA tip, I will look into this!!

Honored Contributor

Costco sells them under their Kirkland label. They no longer carry Purdue chicken other than the premade bourbon chicken nuggets.

I prefered the Perdue chicken breasts that were not wrapped. PITA to have to cut, drain the juice and then do whatever cooking I'm going to do. 

Honored Contributor

We are members of Costco and Sam's club

Costco I know has that type of wrapped chicken b rest.  I purchase my chicken there much of the time.  Sam's has this packing of chicken sometimes not all.

have not been to bj's in a  long time don't know what they have.

Esteemed Contributor

Neither!  They should be paying me to shop there not the other way around.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam is the Kirkland chicken in the frozen food section?

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 Yes. It's in with all the other frozen chicken items : )