Honored Contributor

Re: Costco and/or BJ shoppers

@tipsy wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I've been a member of Costco for 22 years. It's $55/year and you're entitled to a membership card - and a 2nd card for anyone else. If it's a friend, u can share the cost. Every month, you'll received a coupon booklet -- with big savings, which more than pays for the membership. I've been buying items on line as well.

Maybe that used to be their policy but not anymore.  After my husband passed away last summer I wanted to transfer his membership to my son but they wouldn't do it because my son doesn't live with me.  They said both card holders need to have the same address. I think that's a ridiculous policy, & I have the Executive Membership.

Sam's Club will let anyone be a 2nd cardholder.

@tipsy  The policy you describe that the second name on the card has to live at the same residence has been the policy at our Costco ever since it opened years ago (around 2000?).  It's for a household member.

Respected Contributor

BJs has that chicken .  i have seen the thin sliced and tenderloins and regular size BB.  i hate handling chicken so this packaging is so convenient.   

Valued Contributor

Thank you Pearley.  Maybe when kivah joined Costco they would let anyone have the 2nd card.

So people who live alone can't share a membership.  Or they live with someone who is debilitated & unable to go to Costco so that 2nd card is wasted.

If Costco let anyone else have the 2nd card that other person would be doing some shopping!

Sorry for my complaining, I just think it's a silly rule.

Respected Contributor

I love my costco, headed there today. my membership is free because I spend a lot there lol...my rebate check pays for my membership and more