Respected Contributor

Re: Confession - I don't want to decorate

@Karie2022 wrote:

If you have an artificial tree, just use the top of it and decorate it...I used to do this when I was single, before kids, and didn't feel like putting up the whole tree...looks really cute...my elderly mom does this every yearSmiley Wink

haha! I'm almost to that point, last year I decorated the 2 top sections. Left the bottom in the box.

Esteemed Contributor

When my son was little we decorated all the time.We went all out & made it into a family event!! It was a lot of fun & we made great memories!! We decorated for both Chanukah & Christmas!! We also hosted Christmas every other year.

My son is now an adult & goes to law school & works.The last few years he has lost interest in decorating.We no longer host Christmas because the next generation has taken over.They insist on doing it!!

My husband still works full time.We both have back & knee problems & no longer have the energy.Last year we passed on decorating & will do the same this year!! We still buy & wrap presents & enjoy the Holidays!! We just don't do all the work anymore!! I just sent out a bunch of Holiday cards & I'm displaying all the lovely ones we receive.

The important part is that we will all be together,happy & healthy!!! Like my mother used to say " there is no forever"!!

Honored Contributor

I got a pretty front door wreath and put window candles up but I keep putting off the tree. It's artificial and I have to haul it up from the basement. Then haul the bins of ornaments out of the tiny basement closet under the stairs.

That's one reason I fantasize about a big house, have always dreamed of leaving the tree decorated and putting it on a wheeled platform into a same level room or huge closet where it stays pristine until the following year then presto wheel it back into place  Smiley Very Happy

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

We have had several trees and usually they end up in my yard sale a few years later.  My mom and her two brothers all died around Christmas and I just lost interest.  We have several ceramic trees that are ages old and this year DH bought a wooden tree from the Amish.  

We spray painted it green, put cup hooks on it for ornaments and that will be the extent of my decorations.  Our GC have Christmas at their home then it's to the other set of grandparents.  We have our celebration at a restaurant and everybody is fine with that.

Honored Contributor

Maybe confessing helped, got the tree done today. Woohoo, small personal victory.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"