Honored Contributor

Re: Common household items you DON'T have

If I don't have them I probably don't consider them "common." Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty well covered in the safety pin, band aids, sewing items, extra buttons, rolls of scotch/duct tape, pens, pencils, Sharpies, postage stamps, glue sticks, super glue, areas.

Always have at least three irons in my house: One for me, one for anyone else, and a new one in case either of the other ones goes out. 

I do not own:

Ash trays

Coffee maker (Coffee)

Tea kettle

Toaster

Microwave/toaster/convection oven

Pressure cooker

Sewing Machine

Kitchenaid Mixer

Bread Maker

Rice Cooker

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Windex

a Keurig (I am anti-bandwagon 😄)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I had a bag of rubber bands go bad on me so I just keep the odd one that comes into the house every so often.   

I don't own a blender, food processor or pressure cooker.  

Honored Contributor

No ironing board, I still have an iron though.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Burnsite

It sounds wonderful!  I can't believe I've never seen the commercial. I'll look for it, I'm usually up at odd hours of the night but I don't remember that one.  I have seen the one for tile. 

Thanks Woman Very Happy

@Noel7    @SunValley

index.jpg

@Spurt OMG, I think I need this gizmo!! I'd use it more than my dusty food processor! Thanks for the pic!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh If you thought I was harsh, I apologize.  It's not like I'm the pin police, I don't care if someone does or doesn't have a pin.  

I've been told my sense of humor (at times needs adjusting).  By my daughter, no less.  She tells me some people might not get my kind of humor.  Perhaps this is the case here.  If so, I do apologize.   It is just a tiny safety pin.  

Most people would say, "Maybe there's one around here somewhere"......(There I go again)....OK, I apologize and won't come to this subject again at the risk of my stupid sense of humor offending someone.  I'm serious, I do apologize to you.  Perhaps I'm offended because I did have pretty much all of the stuff on the list and perhaps that says I'm a terrible housekeeper....and...well...it's probably correct.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, if it makes you feel any better - I think you're hilarious!

And FYI, I'm anxiously awaiting your next gossip rag installment!

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Cookie Sheets....I'm not big on sweets and hate baking so I don't make cookies and/or own cookie sheets.

I'm sure there are other items but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

@shoptilyadropagain- we have cookie sheets, but we don't have a loaf pan.  I'm not a big cook/baker at all,  but saw a recipe for cherry bread on Facebook that I thought my husband might like and it looked easy.  I ordered a loaf pan on Amazon yesterday because we don't have one.  

@gidgetghI do have one (maybe two) loaf pans.  I use them for meatloaf though and not breads.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

What an interesting thread! I've loved reading about the things that others don't keep around.

I have several stashes of safety pins around the house--sewing room, bathroom, purse. They come in handy for numerous reasons.

My rice cooker is indispensable. I use it to steam veggies.

I don't have...

Hair dryer

Hair straightener

Pressure cooker

Roaster

Deep fat fryer

Food processor

Bread maker

Double-boiler

Counter-top mixer

Hand mixer wand

Garlic press

Shoe horn (does anyone still use those?)