Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Well, not Egyptians, and there have been some findings that's why this is being discussed.  It's not set in stone yet, but there are some indications.  Read this:

http://nku.edu/~phi/v18.pdf#page=87

@itiswhatitis

I will be glad to read it Smiley Happy

I looked at numerous articles about ancient discovery of the Americas and so many said it was by black Egyptians.  There were several dynasties of black leaders in Egypt, I recently saw a PBS report on them, so the two seem linked in many of those who think pyramids were found in the Grand Canyon.

Let me take a look at your latest link...

@Noel7 Yes, this disturbs me.  No one ever mentions other Africans.  The Moores, and so on.  I'll be studying this at my leisure because it's so much to take in.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: Cloistered Society

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis

Interesting article!  I totally understand his claim that early exploration by Africans could have been overlooked, on purpose, so to speak.

It seems the only evidence he has are the "ancient stone heads of the Olmecs unearthed in Central and South America" and his belief that the faces have African features.  His thesis was in 1976, I hope more has been done to follow through on it.

Welsh history says the early Welsh were here before Columbus.  The only evidence found, that I am aware of, are reports of one Indian tribe speaking Welsh at the time of Columbus. 

There is also new evidence that the Vikings established a settlement at a northern outpost of America, which, if I recall correctly, is thought to have predated Columbus. 

It's all open for study Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Interesting article!  I totally understand his claim that early exploration by Africans could have been overlooked, on purpose, so to speak.

It seems the only evidence he has are the "ancient stone heads of the Olmecs unearthed in Central and South America" and his belief that the faces have African features.  His thesis was in 1976, I hope more has been done to follow through on it.

Welsh history says the early Welsh were here before Columbus.  The only evidence found, that I am aware of, are reports of one Indian tribe speaking Welsh at the time of Coumbus. 

There is also new evidence that the Vikings established a settlement at a northern outpost of America, which, if I recall correctly, is thought to have predated Columbus. 

It's all open for study Smiley Happy

I agree @Noel7.  Since I got nothing else to do, I'll be trying to contextualize all of this data at my leisure.  Happy reading!  It will take some time to understand all this.  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 Yes, this disturbs me.  No one ever mentions other Africans.  The Moores, and so on.  I'll be studying this at my leisure because it's so much to take in.  

@itiswhatitis

Yes, the Moors were pretty amazing, especially their affect on Spain.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how the discussion got to other ancient peoples but to answer Marp's qustion - yes.  People who live socially sheltered lives don't know differently because they aren't exposed to anything different.  However, they can broaden their horizons if they choose. 

There's some belief with some in the archaelogical communities that the Egyptians made it here as far as Arizona. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

A cloistered society could be a gated community.....

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I don't know how the discussion got to other ancient peoples but to answer Marp's qustion - yes.  People who live socially sheltered lives don't know differently because they aren't exposed to anything different.  However, they can broaden their horizons if they choose. 

There's some belief with some in the archaelogical communities that the Egyptians made it here as far as Arizona. 

Unfortunately there is no evidence of that and it's not something accepted by mainstream archaeology.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Unfortunately there is no evidence of that and it's not something accepted by mainstream archaeology.

They would dismiss it.  Many people dismissed the "now founded" truth that all of mankind began in Africa.  That's not a surprise to me.  If this is an established truth, (by mainstream archaeology) it most certain has the potential to have some credence.

I will say this, and leave it alone: If the descriptors given in the Bible of Jesus' image is true, I'm not willing to dismiss any of this.  I will continue to read up on it and either accept it or reject it.  

One good thing about all of this is that we are "free" in our thoughts and beliefs and no one can take that from another.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

They would dismiss it.  Many people dismissed the "now founded" truth that all of mankind began in Africa.  That's not a surprise to me.  If this is an established truth, (by mainstream archaeology) it most certain has the potential to have some credence.

I will say this, and leave it alone: If the descriptors given in the Bible of Jesus' image is true, I'm not willing to dismiss any of this.  I will continue to read up on it and either accept it or reject it.  

One good thing about all of this is that we are "free" in our thoughts and beliefs and no one can take that from another.

@itiswhatitis

That's my point.  It is NOT an established truth by mainstream anthro or archaeology. 

Proof in this case would mean artifacts found somewhere in the US which could be dated to prove someone was here long ago.  Even garbage left behind counts, they did not have disposable containers back in the day.

There is no proof, not even a suggestion of evidence, just conspiracy theory stories.

BTW, no well educated person does NOT believe human beings began in Africa, that has been proven so many ways.

And now we know, with proof that Caucasians are part Neanderthal.  2 to 4% usually.

Honored Contributor

This has gone so far off topic and I'm sorry it has, although I think the original topic did get a good going over.

If anyone wants to talk about other cultures and anthropology/archaeology, I hope a new line is started.