Respected Contributor

I can remember when the post office had two deliveries per day plus Sunday for the month of December because of the volume of mail.  

I send about 15 cards now, each with a short note.

Honored Contributor

I still send Christmas cards (and birthday cards and sympathy cards and Easter cards, etc).

We'll be sending 60 cards this year.  As long as I'm well enough to do it, I'm going to send cards.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I feel like a dinosaur. I seem to get more and more cards every year. I go through at least 3 boxes. And I still miss a few people.

I am so glad people send the cards and I enjoy reading the notes they enclose.

I remember my parents sent out at least 200 cards. It was quite a production and consumed our dining room table for weeks. They had about 10 typewritten pages with all the addresses.

Valued Contributor

I make my own -- or let's say I have them printed using one of my photographs.  I get a lot from other fine art photo friends.  People love them. I still send just as many as I ever did...maybe more!

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor

I make my own cards and send out about 30.  I don't care how many I receve.  I enjoy everything about the cards...making them, writing a note, and sending them.  Hope the recipients enjoy them.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I feel like a dinosaur. I seem to get more and more cards every year. I go through at least 3 boxes. And I still miss a few people.

I am so glad people send the cards and I enjoy reading the notes they enclose.

I remember my parents sent out at least 200 cards. It was quite a production and consumed our dining room table for weeks. They had about 10 typewritten pages with all the addresses.

OMG, you just brought back childhood memories. Cards were a production and it took over our kitchen table for days. My mom had the same typewritten list of addresses, about 150. My dad was a printer so he did the cards, ALWAYS with a family picture.

Respected Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I can remember when the post office had two deliveries per day plus Sunday for the month of December because of the volume of mail.  

I send about 15 cards now, each with a short note.

WOW have times changed for the postal service.

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought boxed cards in a long time.  We hand pick cards for immediate family and that's it. 

I still like looking at them in various stores, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I still send Christmas cards (and birthday cards and sympathy cards and Easter cards, etc).

We'll be sending 60 cards this year.  As long as I'm well enough to do it, I'm going to send cards.

@gidgetgh, I too will do the sympathy cards. Our family has really shrunk.

In a way, I really miss the cards. It was one time a year, it more fun to go to the mailbox. The cards were so pretty too. I liked to see what people chose each year to represent themselves. I do have to say I miss it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas Cards

[ Edited ]