Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

It is interesting to see how there are two diametric points of view on the duet. I watched it again, and still saw puppy dog love in Blake's eyes, and something similar, but not exactly the same, in Gwen's. 

Maybe Gavin should have given his kids a bit more consideration when he was contemplating his long term affair with the nanny. I can't blame Gwen for wanting to put a lid on that pain. Who really knows what the kids are going through now, but all of the optics seem favorable, and that both parents remain involved.

As for Blake, those close to him say his drinking persona is an act, like Dean Martin's was. I'm not in his circle, so I don't know.

I have read this in a number of interviews, including one with his mother. Also, he is suiing one of the tabloids, and the judge has let the lawsuit proceed. He said he has laughed off previous articles about his drinking, but this one went too far, saying he was heading to rehab.

Also, for more gossip, I have read that Blake wants a family. Apparently it wasn't the right time for Miranda, with her career. IDK if that's true, but all I could think about was Jennifer and Brad! 

Any time I've seen him with Gwen's boys at a charity event, they all look like they're having a great time! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I saw chemistry between the two but I heard a bad song.  Their voices together stink.  As to Christina, I do love her voice etc and I guess the girls are part of her schitck.  But last night it was tiresome.  I think the director was mesmerized.  And maybe it was the way she was sitting but they looked bigger almost like they were expanding as the show went along.  LOL.  Definitely cost her some money.

As someone who isn't a particular in-the-know follower of either, but who enjoys Blake on the show, I was severely underwhelmed by the duet in terms of the song and the singing.

As for the girls - have always wondered what the attraction is for guys to stare at or touch what amounts to perfectly round plastic grapefruit. They (and many others) couldn't look more fake. Is it the total fake part that makes them secksy?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
lol

They don't have to be real for many men, just BIG!
Esteemed Contributor

Christina can look beautiful sometimes, but last night she was channeling Morticia Adams! ☺

I really like Blake (I do think the drinking is part of his act) and Gwen and if they are happy I am happy for them.  I am not a fan of either of them as singers.  To my ear it sounded like Blake started out off key and at that point he wasn't really singing, but rather talking the lyrics (much like Miranda does often).  

Super Contributor

I am sick to death of seeing Blake and Gwen sing to each other! who wants to see two love sick puppies giving googly eyes? I don't!

Honored Contributor

Well next season Christina will be gone and Miley will be there!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Well next season Christina will be gone and Miley will be there!

And I have the sinking feeling that Miley was on her best behavior when she guested. I think it's too much to hope she will be remotely normal next season.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

It's hard for any of the men to talk to Christina without looking down!  She really looks disgusting!  Fake b--bs aren't that sexy, but they are sooooooo in your face!

Honored Contributor

I had missed the beginning of the song and walked in when Gwen was singing.

I just watched it and he was totally off key singing alone.  Once Gwen got started it seemed to get him on track.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I wonder if she *liked* Blake, too and it's hard for her to see him and Gwen.

When those two sang that song, there definitely seemed like there's a spark there!  I wonder if Christina wished it were her?  (I know she's married, but she seemed to favor Blake over the others.)

I actually hearted this when I meant to reply. Blake and Christina recorded a duet two years ago and performed it on the show. Blake is not Christina's type, if her first and second husbands are any example. I doubt she could possibly care any less than she already does whether Blake is with Gwen or not.