Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

That duet that Blake and Gwen sang was fabulous! The Sparks flowing back and forth between them was visceral. I hope they can continue the happiness.

I thought just the opposite! lol

Blake seemed uncomfortable, and Gwen looked like she was trying too hard.

I like them both (don't really care if they are together or not), but tonight's performance just seemed odd to me. And I'd like to hear the song again, because it really didn't sound that impressive to me. Too much repition.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

That duet that Blake and Gwen sang was fabulous! The Sparks flowing back and forth between them was visceral. I hope they can continue the happiness.

Agree!  I said to my husband, Dang!  The way he was looking at her the whole song.  Although the song was a little 'sad', I guess.

She didn't seem to sing so *pouty, cutesy* either, thank goodness.  She simply.....sang!

That outfit, WOW.  (Made Christina look like she was trying waaaaay too hard.)

Valued Contributor
Gwen and Blake were terrific together.  I liked their song and Gwen looked fabulous as always.  Her style is very creative, well designed and appropriate.   Christina's look, on the other hand,  is overly exaggerated with a hard and tawdry edge.  No doubt, she has a great voice but everything about Christina calls out, "Notice me!".   That said, yes, we see you have boobs. 
~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

Hey,they probably cost her lots of money so she's not going to hide them.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:
Gwen and Blake were terrific together.  I liked their song and Gwen looked fabulous as always.  Her style is very creative, well designed and appropriate.   Christina's look, on the other hand,  is overly exaggerated with a hard and tawdry edge.  No doubt, she has a great voice but everything about Christina calls out, "Notice me!".   That said, yes, we see you have boobs. 

@LyttlewyngThanks for mentioning this.  I just watched it online and it was terrific.  That dress!  They cut to Christina in all black and it was quite a contrast!

Honored Contributor

What I saw was chemistry off the charts! The way they looked at each other - wow! I was wondering why they were singing a song about "breaking my heart," and DD said she thinks they're singing about their past relationship. That makes sense to me. I think it will be a hit.

When the camera cut to Christina, she did not look very happy. Maybe the song brought up memories for her, or maybe it was something else(?)

I think Gwen and Blake are perfect together! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

MaggieMack and mominohio...May I join the conversation?

I watched intently while Blake and Gwen were singing together and I have to lean more toward mominohio.  Blake never took his eyes off Gwen and she is the one I thought looked uncomfortable.  There was something off about the whole act and I think it would have been a better idea if they didn't do it.  I am happy for both of them but I think they they should keep their romance off the show and take it someplace else.

For their sake I hope it lasts but I doubt it.  Rebound affairs rarely do.  Let's wait and see what happens when they are on tour and can't be together as often as they would like to.  It's a tough business that keeps people apart for months at a time and only time will tell.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

MaggieMack and mominohio...May I join the conversation?

I watched intently while Blake and Gwen were singing together and I have to lean more toward mominohio.  Blake never took his eyes off Gwen and she is the one I thought looked uncomfortable.  There was something off about the whole act and I think it would have been a better idea if they didn't do it.  I am happy for both of them but I think they they should keep their romance off the show and take it someplace else.

For their sake I hope it lasts but I doubt it.  Rebound affairs rarely do.  Let's wait and see what happens when they are on tour and can't be together as often as they would like to.  It's a tough business that keeps people apart for months at a time and only time will tell.

@Lindsays Grandma

I'm not much into 'celebrity', but I think that Blake is such a funny guy (but not one I'd want in my life with the drinking), and Gwen always seems so kind and nurturing with the contestants on the show.. So as individuals, and separate entertainers, I enjoy watching them perform their craft, and as coaches on this show.

But together, they just seem odd to me. I never get excited about celebrity couples until they celebrate their 25th year or so together, then it is something to talk about!

If we want to delve in and analyze their relationship, I have always wondered about Gwen's boys in the whole dynamic. Blake with no kids (and really doesn't come off like the father type, at this point).  I always worry about little kid's when mom and dad move on and bring all these new love interests into their lives. Things get compounded when the parents are in the public eye and so much attention is paid. 

Busy celebrity parents, then making what little time they have, with their kids now shared with new love interests....just makes me think the kids get the short end of the stick many times. Not what I'd choose for my little ones.

Esteemed Contributor

It is interesting to see how there are two diametric points of view on the duet. I watched it again, and still saw puppy dog love in Blake's eyes, and something similar, but not exactly the same, in Gwen's. 

Maybe Gavin should have given his kids a bit more consideration when he was contemplating his long term affair with the nanny. I can't blame Gwen for wanting to put a lid on that pain. Who really knows what the kids are going through now, but all of the optics seem favorable, and that both parents remain involved.

As for Blake, those close to him say his drinking persona is an act, like Dean Martin's was. I'm not in his circle, so I don't know.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

Re: Christina on The Voice

[ Edited ]

I saw chemistry between the two but I heard a bad song.  Their voices together stink.  As to Christina, I do love her voice etc and I guess the girls are part of her schitck.  But last night it was tiresome.  I think the director was mesmerized.  And maybe it was the way she was sitting but they looked bigger almost like they were expanding as the show went along.  LOL.  Definitely cost her some money.