Honored Contributor

Seems to be trending in the celebrity splits, first Affleck now Rossdale...........

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/gwen-stefani-gavin-rossdale-divorce-nanny-rumors-behind-split/...

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Seems to be trending in the celebrity splits, first Affleck now Rossdale...........

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/gwen-stefani-gavin-rossdale-divorce-nanny-rumors-behind-split/...

So sad. What I see of Gwen on The Voice is she seems to be a kind person. You have to wonder why these guys throw it all away when they have a beautiful wife, great children, and plenty of money. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I don't know...maybe the more they have.... the more unhappy,/bored they become?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I didn't know that was the issue with garner and affleck......tacky.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

It doesn't just happen with celebrities.  I know 2 families where HE and nanny were overly friendly.  I never understood how going to nanny school for a short time gave a 20-something single girl the where-with-all to care for babies and young children full time.

Honored Contributor

I guess that school didn't teach her not to have a affair with the employer!!.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Oh what was that line in  The Hand That Rocks the cradle, where Julianne Moore's character said to the mom something like you don't hire a young pretty woman and put her in charge of your household ever!It was something like that!  

Honored Contributor

Geeze-how many have there been? I can remember Arnold Schwarenegger of course, and Robin Williams and also a high profiled singer too-can't think of the name!!! 

Valued Contributor

Cheating is cheating. It barely matters with whom one decides to cheat.

An in-home worker is simply easier...with whom to fall into some sort of inapproprate relationship since they've already been invited into the intimacy of the family home.

And in celebrity homes where a nanny, for instance, is required because at least one parent (or spouse) is often absent, its only more likely to happen. People - even famous ones I imagine - like a sense of family. Even if that may mean that  busty Nanny No-No has to fill in for mommy in more ways than one.

Also, its a perfect cover for a chronic cheater. It takes just that much more time to fully figure out that its an affair - with kids in tow - rather than just a lonely daddy with the nanny & kids because mommy is too busy running a Fortune 500 company.

Its why the gardener or cabana boy is so popular with the rich married ladies in return. It takes at least half a summer season for people not just to joke that mommy is flirting with him but that, instead, there's a whole lot of extra-marital whoopie happening out at the poolhouse.

Trusted Contributor

You would think by now these women would NOT have a young nanny in their household.  Geez.