Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1

I think it was Debra Norville that replaced Jane Pauley and that did not go well…she never returned after maternity leave.  I think Katie promptly replaced Debra. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@QVCkitty1

I think it was Debra Norville that replaced Jane Pauley and that did not go well…she never returned after maternity leave.  I think Katie promptly replaced Debra. 

@@Havarti Thank you, I'm not all crazy, just partly.LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

This Sunday show was a must see in our house for many years.  I will miss Charles!  Seemed to be such a kind, refined man with a sense of humor!  I actually found myself getting teary this morning!!  Hated to hear that he was "pushed" out...hope that is not true!!  Am not too sure about Jane P; she has not been one of my favorites on TV.

Honored Contributor

I missed his last show!  I watch every Sunday but not today, for some reason.  I assumend Jane Pauley would replace him because fill in when he isn't there.  I hope they keep things just as they are too, I love that show just the way it is.  I hope that with Pauley as the host, the producers don't feel the need to change the content.  I'd hate to see a bunch of recipes and life after menopause stories...lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Charles Osgood

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Didn't Jane get pushed out of the Today Show for a younger woman ?? I seem to remember she was shoved out to make room for Katie Couric. Does anyone else remember this or am I nuts ?? In any event I think Jane will do a great job.

It wasn't Katie but a young blonde something Norwood maybe.  That's how I remember it anyhow @QVCkitty1

eta:  I see @Havarti came up with the right name.

Honored Contributor

Not a name I recognize. I watch no local news and no non-cable news.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I am so happily retired that I am always glad to see anyone reach retirement. I hope he has a long and happy one.

"happily retired".  I can't wrap miy mind around being happy to be retired. I suppose as I move into my 60's, I'll feel differently.  I might even look forward to it in 10 or 12 years.  But right now, the thought of retirement makes me feel sad.  I don't know anyone in my circle who will admit to that but I know I cannot be the only one who feels that way.

Respected Contributor

I will miss Charles Osgood. Smiley Sad

He was so calming and soothing to my frazzled nerves.

I love CBS Sunday Morning.

I like Jane Pauley and I will watch.Smiley Happy

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I am so happily retired that I am always glad to see anyone reach retirement. I hope he has a long and happy one.

"happily retired".  I can't wrap miy mind around being happy to be retired. I suppose as I move into my 60's, I'll feel differently.  I might even look forward to it in 10 or 12 years.  But right now, the thought of retirement makes me feel sad.  I don't know anyone in my circle who will admit to that but I know I cannot be the only one who feels that way.

I liked my job, but my workplace got more and more toxic, so even though I worked per diem for a few years, I was so glad to finally hang it up. I'm happy for those who Want to keep working, however the feeling of freedom when you finally leave is amazing. At least it was for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I am the only person I know who never liked this show.  I have thought it was pedantic, boring, and condescending for many years now.  I know, I know.  Yes, it's just ME I am sure. . . 

But then I never was a fan of Osgood, Pauley or Garrison Keillor (whose nose was often heard whistling along with the words he was speaking).  To me they are a combination of fake folksy, uptight, and I guess maybe "smug" is close? Self-important maybe?  I don't know.  Not really accurate, but I have always found that sort of thing tiring.  Is it that I get so bored I get exhausted listening?  Could that be it?  LOL!!!  

I offer no excuse for my taste.  Just the facts . . .