Honored Contributor

Re: Challenge to all posters

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:

Can  anyone commit to just one day of positive posting ?

I'm in and hope to see others as well.

@Lila Belle

Revisit for today, Sunday October 4th?

#SundayPositivePostChallenge

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, sidsmom !

It's really nice to see you and your #quote today.

Super Contributor

Just the fact you had to post that request tells me all I need to know. For all the time I've stayed away, some things never change. Guess it didn't become the Eutopia some claimed would happen if I left. Sad to see the same negativity from some of the same people. Until they are more conscious of their words, this repeated plea will fall on deaf ears. Although it is a worthy request. I'm alive, healthy, working....have food, shelter, heat, clean water, medicine, friendship, and love...and most of all I have faith. I try every day to give to others some of the goodness in my life. For me, the little things arent too big, and thst keeps me positive.
Contributor

@JustJules wrote:
Just the fact you had to post that request tells me all I need to know. For all the time I've stayed away, some things never change. Guess it didn't become the Eutopia some claimed would happen if I left. Sad to see the same negativity from some of the same people. Until they are more conscious of their words, this repeated plea will fall on deaf ears. Although it is a worthy request. I'm alive, healthy, working....have food, shelter, heat, clean water, medicine, friendship, and love...and most of all I have faith. I try every day to give to others some of the goodness in my life. For me, the little things arent too big, and thst keeps me positive.

Just wanted to say it was nice to see a post from you.  Some things don't change, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. Smiley Happy

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Honored Contributor

I've been trying, but it seems that I occasionally and eventually end up getting 'dragged down into the mire' (whatever that means, lol).  The key is to not even read about the terrible events going on now-a-days, on these threads.  'Keep out of trouble', in other words. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

How about sitting on one's hands and just let it go ?

I don't ever recall anyone here ever saying, " You know, you're right and I'm wrong. I've changed my mind completely. Thanks you for setting me straight !" LOL
Respected Contributor

my motto is treat everyone how you wish to be treated.  i have almost never wavered from that.

Super Contributor

Hi, His Elk! So nice to see you still around, and thanks for your kindness! I'm still trying to sort out this new and improved forum, and it doesn't help to be doing it on a phone, lol! Look forward to posting with you in the future, have a wonderful week. Hope this actually goes thru this time *fingers crossed*
Honored Contributor

Homegirl wrote:

Did anyone see a difference?  Or maybe a better question is, did anyone make a concerted effort to post differently?  (I'm aware that many posters already post carefully and thoughtfully.)

Good question, @GingerPeach.  I've only read and posted a tiny bit in the past few days so I don't know the answer but I'll bet some folks gave it a try.  At the least, it's always a good reminder, right?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@His Elk wrote:

@JustJules wrote:

Just wanted to say it was nice to see a post from you.  Some things don't change, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. Smiley Happy

Hi, @JustJules!  I just wanted to echo @His Elk's comment that it's nice to see you posting.  It's also nice to see you, @His Elk and I'm sorry to see you had a problem with your account -- did you let the support team know, so they could try and restore your original one?

I suppose some things don't change, but in my opinion things are improving here.  Much of it is perspective, I suppose, and maybe each person's experience here is different.

Have a great day, everyone!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova