Honored Contributor

I just watched the funeral live, what a beautiful moving ceremony. Not sure how she held up and her wonderful sons were so mature and well behaved. You can tell she and her husband have done a wonderful job raising them They must be so proud. I was moved by the ring portion of the funeral as well. The church is one of the most beautiful I have seen. I found it very moving when she and their sons followed behind the casket, Celine kissing the casket as it was about to be loaded into the hearse. I about lost it when she looked to the sky and said goodbye to her husband and the church. So moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Emotional Celine Dion leads second day of mourning for her late husband: Star bids

Super Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

On ET last night they showed video footage of Celine and her 15 year old at her husband's memorial.  I felt so sorry for her, her hair was pulled back and her face was drawn - she's thin anyway but looked even more so.  She looked much older than normal (I don't think she had any makeup on).  You can tell she's been through the mill.  Their 15 year old son is very handsome.  Her husband's funeral is today at 3:00, her brother's is Sunday I believe.  I can't imagine what she's going through.  Blessings to her and her family.  It was a true love story. 

I watched a documentary about her on tour, I really admired her for her work ethic, and her love for her family.

From watching the documentary I took away that she is a woman of grace and humility.

I hope she can have privacy for as long as she needs it to grieve and deal with her loses.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others. ~ sunshine&rainbows

Honored Contributor

Her oldest son is very handsome.

Respected Contributor

Celine Dion leads second day of mourning at René Angélil's funeral

Respected Contributor

The extended family:

Gathered: Celine and her three sons are joined by her and Rene's extended family as they gather in front of his coffin

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when she had the oldest and went on OPRAH.  TIME goes so fast.  They adopt ed, or vetro all the children.  

Super Contributor

It was very hard to see Celine and the overwhelming grief on her face. No matter how long someone has been ill, once they pass it is still a heartbreaking time.

I also was impressed with her children and how they held up. I loved what her oldest son said about making sure the young brothers would know and remember their father.

On last night's news, it was reported that Rene himself planned his funeral along with Celine. He wanted to take as much of the pressure off of her so he was very instructive on what was to be done.

May he rest in peace and may his family find comfort in the days to come.

Vicki

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom

Those pictures are so real.  It does not matter if you are rich or poor, whether your loved one lingered or was suddenly taken, grief is grief.

The soprano who sang throughout the Mass had the most beautiful voice.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I remember when she had the oldest and went on OPRAH.  TIME goes so fast.  They adopt ed, or vetro all the children.  

The children aren't adopted.