Respected Contributor

On ET last night they showed video footage of Celine and her 15 year old at her husband's memorial.  I felt so sorry for her, her hair was pulled back and her face was drawn - she's thin anyway but looked even more so.  She looked much older than normal (I don't think she had any makeup on).  You can tell she's been through the mill.  Their 15 year old son is very handsome.  Her husband's funeral is today at 3:00, her brother's is Sunday I believe.  I can't imagine what she's going through.  Blessings to her and her family.  It was a true love story. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Celine Dion

[ Edited ]

I have tremendous empathy for anyone who has suffered a loss, and doubly so for someone like Celine Dion, who is going through this twice. But I really do not appreciate seeing these people - whoever they are - when they are going through such distress.  They deserve their privacy - not to be put on public display when they are at the lowest point in their lives.  Photogs should show a little more respect - really a lot more respect.  Would you wan this for your loved ones?

Honored Contributor

I'll never understand why these shows and the press prey on someone going through these things.  They should be given their privacy.  If it is a public funeral then the cameras should not take pictures of the family nor film them out of respect.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I'll never understand why these shows and the press prey on someone going through these things.  They should be given their privacy.  If it is a public funeral then the cameras should not take pictures of the family nor film them out of respect.

@Pook - I was really surprised also - they even showed her husband in his casket (at a distance, but you could see he had his glasses on).  It showed her kissing him on the head also.  My thoughts go out to her and her children today.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

If the public didn't watch, the press wouldn't be taking videos.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why they would even want cameras there.  Even if it is a public funeral, can't they tell them not to film?  I am so sorry for her loss.  But funerals are for family and friends, not the entire world to witness, especially because he himself was not that well known.  I don't know, maybe I am all wrong in my thinking.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

There is video on TMZ, from my understanding there were 13 camera's at her approval in the church. You could really see the pain etched on her face...how she stood there for 2 hours speaking to each person is beyond me. There were a few times I thought she might faint.

She was to be there for 30 minutes but remained for 2 hours greeting her fans who came to pay their last respects. It may have comforted her being shown so much love. She seemed to intently listen to each person who had something to say to her. I give her kudos for enduring until the end. She has always had so much class and it showed in the video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

@croemer wrote:

There is video on TMZ, from my understanding there were 13 camera's at her approval in the church. You could really see the pain etched on her face...how she stood there for 2 hours speaking to each person is beyond me. There were a few times I thought she might faint.

She was to be there for 30 minutes but remained for 2 hours greeting her fans who came to pay their last respects. It may have comforted her being shown so much love. She seemed to intently listen to each person who had something to say to her. I give her kudos for enduring until the end. She has always had so much class and it showed in the video.

@croemer - I wasn't going to say anything, but I definitely think it was at her approval for cameras to be there  I believe her husband's entire funeral is being televised in Toronto today.  I noticed her also paying such close attention to each person as they spoke to her.  Yes, she is such a class act - so was her husband.  They say she and Rene were like royalty in Canada. 

Respected Contributor

Surely they can block the press out if they wished.  I don't understand why it would be so public.  This must be the culmination of months and years of family illness, so very stressful. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@croemer wrote:

@croemer - I wasn't going to say anything, but I definitely think it was at her approval for cameras to be there  I believe her husband's entire funeral is being televised in Toronto today.  I noticed her also paying such close attention to each person as they spoke to her.  Yes, she is such a class act - so was her husband.  They say she and Rene were like royalty in Canada. 

I believe this is why she allowed the camera's. I could not have endured it...her son was so brave to be there standing behind her the whole time. The love these 2 showed each other to the end was inspiring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**