Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It also bothers me that those who really love the so called sport of trophy killing have so little compassion ....

Exactly.  And I think this dentist's patients are now realizing that and deserting him in droves.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Oh, no! The poor lion never stood a chance. This wasn't even fair because this lion wasn't truly out in the wild. And now the lion's cubs might suffer, too. Smiley Sad

Maybe the park rangers can take the cubs and raise them in captivity until they're old enough to be let go and find mates of their own one day?

I thought that too, NC Bandwagon, but I heard a renowned lion expert who actually shoots animals legally in Africa to cull the herds when that is allowed in the wild - with acceptable permits, etc. (not that I condone that but he knows what he's talking about) say that that's the natural thing that happens in prides for a new male lion to establish his "creds" to impregnate females, and the authorities in Africa won't interfere with the natural workings of the pride. 

I see......too bad. Though.....technically, Cecil the lion was taken out by an unnatural cause. So maybe the park rangers can just take some of the cubs, not all, raise, then let them go so Cecil the lion's legacy will live on? Since a new male lion will come along anyway and get rid of cubs that aren't his own, maybe it won't matter if the park rangers take just some of the cubs to raise them.

On a lighter note, I heard that when lion cubs playfully bite their parents, the lion parents will pretend to be hurt so as to encourage their cubs to hunt. Smiley Very Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pearlee, Thank you and everyone who share my rage over this incident.  If the press and notable people keep the pressure up, there's a good chance we can ensure Cecil will not have died in vain.  He will forever be remembered for a movement to stop this horrible business of trophy hunting.

One heads-up.  Yesterday a poster had a link similar (don't exactly remember) to yours with a warning IN RED.  Someone clicked on the link, was greatly offended, complained to the moderators, and the posting was completely removed.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

This creep of a lion-killer just gets better and better.  According to The Daily Mail, an employee sued him for sexual harrassment in 2009 and he settled with her.  Her complaint alleged that she llost her job  after she reported this alleged odious conduct.  Read the article for the creepy allegations.  This guy makes my skin crawl:

WARNING: the link contains a photo of the dead (but not yet beheaded) Cecil with the dentist smiling broadly about "taking" him.  I'll bet today's events wiped that sh*t-eating grin off his face.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3179047/Dentist-killed-Cecil-lion-accused-sexual-harassment-...

Actually, the lion in that photo is not Cecil (it tells you that under the photo), but another lion he had killed previously.

This man is a waste of skin, IMO.

Oh, thank you for pointing that out, IG; I missed that by not reading the captions.

I'll go and edit my post to correct it.

Oh, no problem! I was just trying to point out that he has already killed another lion for his "trophy" collection (the one in that pic), how many was it going to take to satisfy his pathetic, little ego?

I was happy to read that the "professional guide" lost his license in court yesterday and still faces trial on the charges, a tiny step in the right direction, at least.

I also found it pretty ironic that the landowner who allowed Cecil to be lured onto his property to be slaughtered has the first name of 'Honest'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Well another belief I have is if karma don't get you -- God will!  I know there are a lot of people out there who have done wrong and live a long and prosperous life.  However, after they die -- hmmmmm, I wonder where end up?  I bet it ain't pretty.

I read another article that said Mia Farrow got in a lot of trouble for Tweeting out this idiot's address.  I'm sure Mia could care less and all I can say is -- "yay Mia!!".  I never disliked or liked her, but I have just become a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hi Pearlee, Thank you and everyone who share my rage over this incident.  If the press and notable people keep the pressure up, there's a good chance we can ensure Cecil will not have died in vain.  He will forever be remembered for a movement to stop this horrible business of trophy hunting.

One heads-up.  Yesterday a poster had a link similar (don't exactly remember) to yours with a warning IN RED.  Someone clicked on the link, was greatly offended, complained to the moderators, and the posting was completely removed.  Go figure.

If any of you Tweet, Twitter is blowing up over this. Just search #JusticeforCecil. You don't even have to Tweet if you don't want to, just read and retweet the tweets of your choice. Keep up the pressure.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT

Hi - yes I saw that the post was removed yesterday.  That post had a much more gruesome photo in it for one thing.  And someone needs to tattletale to the Mods I think, for the post to get deleted.  Hopefully I won't have a tattletale.

Honored Contributor

To answer a question here:  No conscious.  Bad trait.  Hopefully not inherited. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@3dlovely wrote:

Well another belief I have is if karma don't get you -- God will! 

Good example of Karma working = OJ Simpson is in jail.

Honored Contributor

We learned way back in middle school: History repeats itself.  Looks as though we are taking leaping steps backward.  Being so-called 'civilized' (in quotes), if we aren't careful, our society will revert to not-so-good times.  I recall our History teacher telling us that, even though most of us won't need History classes, unless we become History teachers, that we will use world history in order to prevent the bad eras repeating itself.  (Boy, did we have some great history teachers in public schools, thank goodness.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).