Honored Contributor

Cecil Update: Dentist surfaces

[ Edited ]

And he has been in contact with authorities.

Edited to remove link, due to photo. Here is the rest of the story (minus any photos)

Dr. Walter Palmer -- the dentist who gunned down Cecil the Lion -- has resurfaced and contacted authorities after days of hiding ... TMZ has learned. 

Officials for U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service tell us a rep for Dr. Palmer contacted them late Thursday.

We're told Dr. Palmer is cooperating with the investigation into Cecil's death, which focuses on an international law governing hunters who move their trophies from one country to another. 

Fish and Wildlife have been looking to speak with Dr. Palmer as it conducts its investigation into the killing of Cecil. The U.S. Dept. of Justice is also investigating. 

Zimbabwe officials have already said they want to extradite the dentist to face criminal charges in their country. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil Update: Dentist surfaces

Be aware that the story begins with a large photo of this guy holding up a dead leopard that is just dangling in his arms.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Thank you for pointing that out to me, I really try not to notice any of the photos on these articles and didn't notice it was there. I removed the link. Posters can Google it for more info.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Hi @KingstonsMom

Thanks!  I didn't want to get your post poofed by someone who would claim they were offended because they weren't "warned."

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I really appreciate that!

I actually have a tablet on one side of my laptop to cover any of those photos with, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

With all due respect, seeing a photo and reading a graphic description are both offensive to some posters.  The OP purposely left off the link to avoid offending others who are reading.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Super Contributor

Unfortunately, he's not the only big game hunter who is willing to pay thousands of dollars to kill defenseless animals for sport.  Cecil was just one of many.  Hopefully Cecil didn't die in vain and finding a way to stop this ridiculous "sport" will gain momentum. 

Honored Contributor

Well, actually she removed the link from the original post.  Just fyi.

Esteemed Contributor

What I would like to see done to this piece of scum....just cannot be said hereCat MadWoman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

With all due respect, seeing a photo and reading a graphic description are both offensive to some posters.  The OP purposely left off the link to avoid offending others who are reading.

Apparently, just about ANYthing "can be offensive to some posters."