Regular Contributor

I no longer have carpet, but when I did, I used Spot Shot (found at any grocery store).  There was not a stain it did not remove.  If it does not remove the stain completely, repeat the steps on the can.  It should gradually lighten the appearance of the stain.  Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Carpet Stain

[ Edited ]

Personally using any vinegar, carpet cleaner and such on poo, or urine (human or furbaby) is not a great solution for me.  Here is what I would do for protein stains

first remove poo. 😅  Then with distilled water, bottle water or water that is not mineral loaded, dampen a clean white cloth. Gently blot until you feel stain is visually removed.  Blot turn cloth, blot again using a clean part of cloth with each blot.  When stain is visably removed get another clean cloth, dampen more, and blot hard.  Do not twist or rub fibers of carpet.    Then, get spray bottle of water, or cup of water, a large clean towel ( white or n ot dyed), and a 15  to 20  pound weight wider than stain.

1 dampen cleaned stain with water, until pretty wet

2. Place towel over the blotted and water doused stain

3 place weight over towel

4 if you have trouble finding prober weight, plave a clean cookie sheet over stain, and     get stuff to weight it down

5 after all this is done, wait  2 days .  Lift weight and towel off stain will be cleaned and dried.

the theory is the distilled water will lift from bottom, the weight will draw water and stain to top.  I have used this for coffee stains as well.  After 2 days, when you remove towel you will see stain on the towel you put down, almost in the exact pattern of stain.  Just did this for a blueberry, acai smoothie I spilted on my light beige carpet.  Towel was lavendar... Carpet clean!

.Use the above method for urine stain, or a stain from hacked up hair ball.  EXCEPT. Blot urine up until almost dry before using any distilled water.. Use a little bit of  Natures Miracle before water if you like.  I dont like to because all stain remover, carpet cleaner will leave a slight stain after it is dried.  I have a tight light beige berber like carpet in den.  Its the only carpet left in house....but the cats manage to wait all day until they can hawk up hairballs on it.  It is the only place we manage to spill coffee as well😡

Honored Contributor

The poo stain content  would vary depending on what was eaten prior to having the accident. So there can be a variety of solutions to removing the stain. Trial and error.