Respected Contributor

I sure don't understand why everyone was recommending pet stain products?????  Where does it say an animal, I read it as human stains?

What am I missing?

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I sure don't understand why everyone was recommending pet stain products?????  Where does it say an animal, I read it as human stains?

What am I missing?

I'd say that a bodily fluid is a bodily fluid, so whatever works on pet stains would also work on human ones.

OP, I agree w/ @SilleeMee. Vinegar is a wonder-cleaner! I keep a spray bottle filled w/ 3/4 vinegar, 1/4 water.

That was recommended to me by a carpet installer, and it WORKS.

I recently moved to a place where scorpions are found, & it's common to use a black-light flashlight at night to look for scorpions. (they illuminate) Well, that's not the only thing that fluoresces under black light! So do any pet stains you've ever had! (cat hairball barf included)

Though I'd scrubbed those spots, they still fluoresced....but once I sprayed on the vinegar & rubbed w/ a cloth, the stains completely disappeared under black light.

Good luck!

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Try a magic eraser on a small spot or scrap left from your carpet to see if affects the color.
They have changed my life!

Mr. Clean erasers? On carpets? Truly????

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

And when people say "vinegar," they mean WHITE vinegar. Not wine!  Lol. 

FYI ... Don Aslett's XO gets out bad smells like nothing else.  

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
Try a magic eraser on a small spot or scrap left from your carpet to see if affects the color.

I would be afraid magic ereaser would strip the color...

Super Contributor

Spot Shot, hands down the only cleaner that totally removes a stain.  What I typically do on bad stains is pretreat with something like Carbona, Nature's Miracle, BioKleen.  Then I use my SpotBot or Bissell steamcleaner (without cleaning fluid in the tank - just hot tap water) and I extract the cleaning product and as much of the stain as possible.  Usually there is something left over and that is when I finish it off with Spot Shot.  I think I make work for myself and should just start with Spot Shot and then leave it at that!  It really works well.  It has an orange cap on the aerosol bottle, which I prefer,  The trigger squeeze bottle is OK but the aerosol one has more pressure in the spray that helps remove the stain.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Joe Campenelli spray cleaner  (QVC) on a puppy accident and it worked. You many have to reapply a few times depending on how old the stain is but it does come out. Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

Nature's Miracle Advanced Formula (in the red bottle) works great. It is enzymatic and removes biological odors and stains. You can buy it at most pet stores. It will not remove the color fom your carpet.

We use it as my 92 y.o. mother has a portable potty in her bedroom so that she does not have to walk around at night. Every morning I empty the portable potty, clean it out, then pore just enough Nature's Miracle in it to cover the bottom of the potty. Then, I add an inch or so of water. No odors! Before I discovered Nature's Miracle, the odor was horrible.

We also have used it on pet stains on the carpet. It's an outstanding product. You would probably only need the smallest size bottle.

You can check it out at: http://www.natures-miracle.com/

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

I would be afraid magic ereaser would strip the color...

My upstairs carpets are white.  Er, ... ah ... or are supposed to be white!  The sponges can strip away!!!! 🙂

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

What am I missing?

Poop is poop!!!!!