Super Contributor

Re: Can you feel any motion/speed while on a cruise ship?

Only time I ever felt it was on a Celebrity Caribbean cruise, eastern . . . BUT I think it was because a small piece of calcium had broken off deep in one of my ear canals, I forget the name of it . . . from repeated multiple sneezing . . . as I felt woozily on the flight too circling and landing when we "tipped" and turned for approach . . . I took the *free* medicine available on board . . . we were on a higher deck so one day we went to a lower deck and just sat in a seating area mid-ship . . . . and drank a super cold 7UP which seemed to help.

But I won't blame this on the cruise. But it sure didn't make it any better. Thank goodness all other cruises have been free of any incidents.

I highly recommend the *free* medicine and super cold 7UP should the need arise. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My uncle once told me he thought Eastern Caribbean cruises were calmer than Western Caribbean cruises. I've only been on one cruise (Eastern Caribbean) so I don't know if he was right. I really enjoyed my cruise and I had that ""still moving"" feeling for a whole week afterward in my own bed! It was very calming.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Guess I am the only one who was miserable the whole time. Our ship listed side to side the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2014 croemer said:

Guess I am the only one who was miserable the whole time. Our ship listed side to side the whole time.

Oh no! Was it the Caribbean? What was the cruise line?

PS: Do you know how hard it is to spell Caribbean?

Honored Contributor

I was too. You aren't the only one.

Honored Contributor

No. I have been on a cruise.
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2014 beammeupscottie said:

Oh no! Was it the Caribbean? What was the cruise line?

PS: Do you know how hard it is to spell Caribbean?

Carribean...Disney Cruise line scottie.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2014 colliemom3 said:

I was too. You aren't the only one.

Good to know...misery loves company.

Honored Contributor

My friend just got back from a Caribbean cruise. She was gone for a week and said it rained all, but one day. The seas were rough, but she said it didn't bother her.

Esteemed Contributor

The ships are equipped with stabilizers to keep the ship the listing most of the time. My dh and I have gone on about five cruises. The only one that made me sick was when we were hit by a storm in the outside passage going to Alaska. It felt like we were in a small rowboat. My dh didn't get sick at all, but I am made ill quite easily ever since I was a child and would get car sick. All in all, I highly recommend cruising. Start some sea sick medication a few days before you sail. You will most likely love it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein