Esteemed Contributor

Is IT the only cosmetic line on the Q????  Have nothing against IT, even have a couple products!  It's just that the Q saturates us with one vendor's line over and over, just like B Makowsky - just overkill!!!!!

I know this is noy an entertainment station, but would like to tune in and see a variety of vendors in all categories.  Just as well, I guess, won't be temptedWoman LOL.....

Honored Contributor

Everything goes through phases here and I've felt that way about a lot of things. For a while, I could not take one more minute of Mally being on Friday Night Beauty every single week. Some people think Josie is on too often. During June's Gallonpalooza, most people get sick of Chaz Dean, even some of us who use WEN.

It's like hearing the same song on the radio over and over and over again. QVC overplay does have one advantage over that song on the radio though. You can change the station on the radio, but the most popular songs will show up in the stores, restaurants, the gas stations, commercials and TV episodes, talk shows, etc and you can't get away from them. If someone on QVC really bothers me, it generally stays on QVC and doesn't follow me away from the channel. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't Take IT!!!

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme, no doubt others will feel the need to say that this is an old argument, but it's not a tired one.  We, the consumers, should never feel because our opinion has been stated countless times it's no longer a valuable viewpoint.  I for one find that when a vendor appears too many times during a week (or month), it saturates my interest in watching the shows even if I love the products.  That said, we all know QVC must give airtime inaccordance to who is making the cash registers ring (old retail jargon).  At the moment, in cosmetics that seems to be IT and Josie Maran.  Those two brands have supplanted Philosophy as the beauty brand given the most airtime by QVC per month.   

Honored Contributor

Saturday there was a thread complaining about Josie being on too much.  LOL

Maybe it's just me but it seems like in years past, there were more beauty/cosmetic lines featured on QVC.  

Frequent Contributor

Know whatcha mean.  I've been getting a lot done around the house as I'm not even tempted to sit in front of another presentation of the same ol' thing.  In addition (maybe it's just me), has anyone noticed the ladies that occasionally substitute for some of the Q 'regulars', start to take on their manerisms and even the way they speak?  To me, it gets to the point where it's like listening to clones of the originals right down to the 'umm', that appears in so many sentences during IT Cosmetics presentations.  The gal who sometimes steps in for Susan Graver is wound up like Susan and phrases many of her sentences in the same way Susan does.  Do you think this is why these venders select these women to represent their products?  Not necessarily a bad thing, just an observation on my part.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Maybe it's just me but it seems like in years past, there were more beauty/cosmetic lines featured on QVC.  

@Lipstickdiva

That's what I was getting at exactly - there were more beauty/cosmetic and handbag lines featured on the Q in years gone by!  Guess I'd like to see them back again - perhaps that's why I keep checking in.  Seems nowadays, listen to QVC very seldom, in spurts I guess due to lack of variety.  Even ITKWD - and old standby for me - I'll check it out but cannot watch from beginning to end.  Would watch more often if there were more variety llike in the old days.

Respected Contributor

It always reminds me of Uncle Leo's eyebrows. (Seinfeld)

Related image

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

That's what I was getting at exactly - there were more beauty/cosmetic and handbag lines featured on the Q in years gone by!  Guess I'd like to see them back again - perhaps that's why I keep checking in.  Seems nowadays, listen to QVC very seldom, in spurts I guess due to lack of variety.  Even ITKWD - and old standby for me - I'll check it out but cannot watch from beginning to end.  Would watch more often if there were more variety llike in the old days.

I'm thinking it may have something legal to do with vendor contracts (exclusiviity?) or maybe just a practical matter of product quantity with too many vendors.

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

It always reminds me of Uncle Leo's eyebrows. (Seinfeld)

Related image

OMG you nailed it with those eyebrows! They are so bad.

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way about Purity and few other brands, it's big part of why I rarely watch Qvc tv anymore.  There's so little variety that we just see the same vendors saying the same things over and over and over again.  I am not complaining, there is no shortage of places to shop and you sait yourself, Qvc does not exist to entertain us.