Valued Contributor

Re: Called CS...got Rudeness & Attitude in return!

@Cindy-QVC Thank you...I will do so shortly.  I appreciate the assistance.

Valued Contributor

The reviews started coming in after my item was on my doorstep, so there wasn't much I could do at that point unfortunately.  There weren't any reviews the day of purchase.

Today was the first opportunity I had to call...it's been a busy summer!  My mistake!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always been treated so well by QVC CS that when I wasn't recently, it was really a shock. I ordered a pair of Limited Quantity shoes that still had the old $8.95 shipping price. I know it's only a few bucks but I went ahead and called CS who agreed to process my order with the new price.

When the shoes arrived and I looked at the invoice, it still had the $8.95 shipping price. I called and was met with just the kind of hostility you detailed. Basically he told me my conversation with CS never happened as it was noted in the order notes. Would I really lie about $3.95? I don't think so. I surely hope this isn't some new mandate to CS in the wake of the new shipping and handling policy. 

Oh, and after all that when I finally got around to trying on the shoes a few days later and they didn't fit! Cost me $16.00 total in s/h charges. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Do NOT let others here make you think this was your fault! You weren't provided the correct information by the vendor. It's not up to you to read and interpret reviews to use as the basis for ordering.

@sam96 wrote:

The reviews started coming in after my item was on my doorstep, so there wasn't much I could do at that point unfortunately.  There weren't any reviews the day of purchase.

Today was the first opportunity I had to call...it's been a busy summer!  My mistake!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

sam96, I'm glad this has a happy ending!  Whenever I speak to a CS rep I write her/his name down on the date (everything's recorded on a desk calendar) in case I'm ever in a predicament like yours.  I feel like my complaint is a bit more legit if I can say, "On 7/29 I spoke with Bubba, and I'm not sure he understood my situation.  Perhaps you can help me." 

Valued Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

sam96, I'm glad this has a happy ending!  Whenever I speak to a CS rep I write her/his name down on the date (everything's recorded on a desk calendar) in case I'm ever in a predicament like yours.  I feel like my complaint is a bit more legit if I can say, "On 7/29 I spoke with Bubba, and I'm not sure he understood my situation.  Perhaps you can help me." 

sallybusky:

I, too, learned the hard way to write down the name of any CS rep of any company I'm dealing with at the beginning of a call!  It's been helpful more than once!

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately CS is trending downward.  I received the same type of treatment when complaining about a Springfield ham I purchased which was predominately bone and fat!  The CS rep was curt and brusk, far different from any attitude I've received for over 20 years and at that point it was a shock, definitely made me feel as though I didn't have anything to complain about and really wanted a free dinner!  Woman Surprised

I rarely complain to CS unless it's an over-the-top problem.  Paying over $60 for bone and fat was astonishing to me.  I actually had to go out to the supermarket and purchase another ham (it was for guests, was delish and under $25) .  Had I been able to look at QVC's ham prior to buying it, I would NOT have purchased it.  And will not be buying other food products because of what I received, both in the product and in the CS attitude.

It saddens me.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Just to let you know, I have ordered "fragranced" flameless candles and the light fragrance is gone in a hot minute.

You can sort of smell them when you open the box, but it goes away very fast.

If you leave them out to air, I will bet the scent will be gone soon.

Esteemed Contributor

It's rare that I get a customer service rep that is anything other than friendly and helpful. 

Anytime I get anyone on the phone who is less than helpful to me, regardless of QVC or any other company, I say, "Oops there's the doorbell. I'll have to get back to you later," and I hang up. I wait an hour or two and then call back and always get a different rep who helps me. I  have no patience to speak to reps who act like they are "Queen of their Cubicle," like they own the company, and the refund is coming out of their own pocket.

It also helps to be polite and friendly when you're speaking to them. If you start with an attitude, you'll probably get one back. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

It's rare that I get a customer service rep that is anything other than friendly and helpful. 

Anytime I get anyone on the phone who is less than helpful to me, regardless of QVC or any other company, I say, "Oops there's the doorbell. I'll have to get back to you later," and I hang up. I wait an hour or two and then call back and always get a different rep who helps me. I  have no patience to speak to reps who act like they are "Queen of their Cubicle," like they own the company, and the refund is coming out of their own pocket.

It also helps to be polite and friendly when you're speaking to them. If you start with an attitude, you'll probably get one back. 

Your post reminded me of the time early one morning (still dark outside) I heard loud braking and a car crashing out on the road. I looked out and saw, across the street in a deep ditch, a car upside down,radio blasting, lights all on and no voices or calls for help. I immediately called 911 and to my amazement got nothing but nasty from the person who answered. First I got a lecture for not going out in the dark and crawling down into the ditch and sticking my head in the window to say "howdy, how ya doin?". She then hung up on me (???!!!)....so I just called the sheriff and got an immediate response and thanks. I still can't believe that happened. Oh and the kid was alright...just spilled hot coffee on his lap in a hurry to get to school. He got out and walked home and left the car so when help did arrive he was long gone. As everyone on Q says "amazing".