Honored Contributor

I have been using my CPAP for sleep apnea for about 6 months now - every night. This week they sent me an entire new mask and all new tubing , which I thoiught was great so I set it up and threw away my old stuff. After only one night using the new stuff I woke up in the morning with my nose and throat all swollen and raw and my face where the mask touches is like raw meat. Apparently they didn't honor my need for latex free due to allergy. So i called yesterday and the therapist said she would have them send out the proper stuff but I would have to do without the CPAP for about a week til it gets here. AND - i will have to pay for the ones that I got the first time and can't use !!! WHAT!!! She said the ins co would not pay twice - ok fine - neither the ins co or I made the mistake - the CPAP co made the mistake and so they should have to be the one to take the loss. They want to charge me $174. I called my ins co and they said they would help me to fight them because they agreed this was wrong. So I guess, since I need this stuff badly, I will have to pay so I can get it quickly , then i will have to try and fight them for a refund. And people wonder why we need HCR in this country.(Not to mention that I had to pay $15 to go to a med first doctor and then$45 for prescription cortisone cream for the breakout on my face and for a cortisone shot for my swollen throat and nose because i could hardly breathe)