Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Both my parents were adopted out of foster homes In the 1930's. They both landed up in Nebraska.
Our heritage is unknown. We are Americans, and we don't know who are real ancestors are.

I answered "American" and was able to proceed with the census questionnaire 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

My DH just read article that said safe way to respond is to do it online, the one in the mail may be be a scam, said scammers on to it like crazy for the mail ins. 

Mailman had paper Census to deliver to every household on his route, same day.

I also was selected to complete the Community Census (lucky me), arrived in the mail a few months ago.

When in doubt, check out the address it's mailed back to.

Respected Contributor

The census I received in the mail contained the numerical key  to access the/my census online not a paper census.  If people don't open their mail because they think it is a paper census they are probably wrong.   The census paper also says if you don't fill it out online somebody will come to your door April or after though now would they send census workers?

Honored Contributor

I got a letter, from the USCB, and in it there was an ID for me to use to respond online.

That letter stated if they did not receive my responses online then they will mail me a paper questionnaire  in a few weeks.  

I actually received two of those letters which came to my house three days apart. Ignored the second one.

Honored Contributor

Just got mine today.

Honored Contributor

So..did i ..and it was very easy for me to answer and fast!

I thought maybe it would ask about income...and was glad that it didn't.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Re: CENSUS ONLINE

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 wrote:

I filled it out and there were a couple things I quesitoned.  1 With all of the LGBTQ issues I was suprised that Male and Female were the only options 2.  two of my children are hispanic and that is not considered a Race for the survey.  I find that crazy because that is a huge population in the US.

it is not considered a race, but rather an origin,  but they DO ask if you are hispanic.

Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?

NOTE: Please answer both Question 8 about Hispanic origin and Question 9 about race.  For this census, Hispanic origins are not races. Hispanic origin can be viewed as the heritage, nationality, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person’s parents or ancestors before arriving in the United States. People who identify as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be any race.

(removal of link)

have not received my census paperwork yet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Waiting for the paper copy, don't know the questions asked but this would be something I'd not do online.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

The census I received in the mail contained the numerical key  to access the/my census online not a paper censusIf people don't open their mail because they think it is a paper census they are probably wrong.   The census paper also says if you don't fill it out online somebody will come to your door April or after though now would they send census workers?

I received that piece of paper with the online code in the mail too.

But the day before I got that, I received an envelope with the paper Census, (roughly 4 or 5 pages) and a prepaid return envelope.

Respected Contributor

It's not true that a census worker will come to your door if you don't complete the form online.

Online completion is not mandatory, and is one of three means of completing the census. (The others are paper, and by phone.)

If you receive your "invitation" to complete the online form, and fail to do so by a certain date, you will eventually receive the form in the mail. If you fail to submit that, you'll receive a visit.

We'll be waiting for the form.

Screenshot_2020-03-18-23-46-24(1).png

What worries you masters you.