Respected Contributor

Bull - WARNING. Sad Ending After All

[ Edited ]

A bull apparently escaped from a Queens, NY slaughterhouse just a short while ago. I watched it run through the city streets for over an hour, amongst cars, homes, and traffic, evading police and others. It was finally cornered and captured in someone's back yard after being sedated with darts.

The great news is.... Skylands Animal Sanctuary workers are already on their way to rescue the bull, who will live out its life in green pastures.

I just think this is a great story about an animal, who probably knew it was in grave danger and found a way to escape.... as well as the kindness of strangers to step in for the rescue. :-)  (No, I don't eat beef.)

http://abc7ny.com/news/bull-on-the-run-captured-in-jamaica-queens/1765348/

Respected Contributor

I am a carnevore (sic) but Bravo! for the bull.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina

What a great ending!Heart

Thank you for this heartwarming story (I love it when the animal wins!)!!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

OMG...if anyone says that anymore. I almost couldn't read the story. I definately can't watch the film footage of it. I do not eat anything with a face. Period. I am glad you made it short and sweet for me to read. How horrible for that living creature.So thankful the bull will have a better life.  Anyone see "FOOD INC"?

Honored Contributor

He obviously knew this was not his time to leave Mother Earth. 

Thank the Lord a great animal rescue came to his defense.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry everyone. To update.....

The bull was taken to a city shelter after capture to await pick-up by the sanctuary group. While there, it died. I don't know the details of why -- During a commercial news break, I think I heard it was from the drug used in the sedation darts. 

Gosh. I thought it would be a great story about a victorious bull. Now I'm upset as I'm sure you all are. 

:-(    ;-(

QVC Customer Care

@SaRina wrote:

I'm so sorry everyone. To update.....

The bull was taken to a city shelter after capture to await pick-up by the sanctuary group. While there, it died. I don't know the details of why -- During a commercial news break, I think I heard it was from the drug used in the sedation darts. 

Gosh. I thought it would be a great story about a victorious bull. Now I'm upset as I'm sure you all are. 

:-(    ;-(

Oh so sad Smiley Sad

Contributor

Thanks for the warning but i kept on reading. Someone should look into what they used and how much. Obviously someone did not know what they were doing. The Bull I am sure was stressed beyond belief and so very scared. Maybe(not having watched or read the news story) he had a heart attack, or it was in combination with the sedation drugs. I truely hope someone is held responsible and I think that slaughterhouse needs to be looked into as well. Even though they are on the death walk, they should be treated humanely.

Honored Contributor

@namee wrote:

Thanks for the warning but i kept on reading. Someone should look into what they used and how much. Obviously someone did not know what they were doing. The Bull I am sure was stressed beyond belief and so very scared. Maybe(not having watched or read the news story) he had a heart attack, or it was in combination with the sedation drugs. I truely hope someone is held responsible and I think that slaughterhouse needs to be looked into as well. Even though they are on the death walk, they should be treated humanely.

I'm sure everyone involved did the best they could under the circumstances.   The bull definitely didn't know it was in grave danger... cattle are dumb,  dumb,  dumb.   He probably saw an opening and went for it; it's even possible he jumped a high fence (I saw a bull do this at a rodeo).  

Getting the correct amount of sedation when darting animals is always risky.   Of course slaughter houses should treat animals humanely,  but that's not an issue here. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Bull - WARNING. Sad Ending After All

The cause of death has not been determined and the bull’s remains will be cremated.