Super Contributor

Re: Bull - WARNING. Sad Ending After All

This was a sad ending after all.  I agree, someone should be held accountable for the bull's death.

Bulls are a very dangerous animal and can take on anything or anyone who get's in their way.

They ARE NOT DUMB ANIMALS, they mourn the loss of their calves, feel pain, anxiety from people they do not know.  It usually takes about 30 minutes for a bull to warm up to

a person on a farm. 

They sense human feelings of the person near them.  If you are nervous, they will be nervous, calmness always helps the animal. 

When at the slaugterhouse they know what is going to happen-that's why they try to

excape.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have seen videos where the animals are on a belt getting ready to go into the "slaughter" room and they struggle to try to move backward on the belt.  They have heard the moans and smell the blood and fear of those that went before.  They are sentient beings with feelings.....not dumb animals.  That bull knew he was fighting for life.  The veil has been lifted on the truth....watch Earthlings and so many more videos that will reveal what is so difficult to face.  I am so sad, this poor animal died in horror and pain; he had a chance at life.  This case needs investigation but the damage is done and what it worse is it continues every second of every day....we need to wake up!

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

The cause of death has not been determined and the bull’s remains will be cremated.

Thank you for the update.  I wondered if they'd take him back to the slaughterhouse after he died.

Honored Contributor

All animals are a lot more intelligent and have more feelings than we like to give credit...how could we eat them if we believed they knew what was happening.

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

The cause of death has not been determined and the bull’s remains will be cremated.

Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@namee wrote:

Thanks for the warning but i kept on reading. Someone should look into what they used and how much. Obviously someone did not know what they were doing. The Bull I am sure was stressed beyond belief and so very scared. Maybe(not having watched or read the news story) he had a heart attack, or it was in combination with the sedation drugs. I truely hope someone is held responsible and I think that slaughterhouse needs to be looked into as well. Even though they are on the death walk, they should be treated humanely.

I'm sure everyone involved did the best they could under the circumstances.   The bull definitely didn't know it was in grave danger... cattle are dumb,  dumb,  dumb.   He probably saw an opening and went for it; it's even possible he jumped a high fence (I saw a bull do this at a rodeo).  

Getting the correct amount of sedation when darting animals is always risky.   Of course slaughter houses should treat animals humanely,  but that's not an issue here. 

No contrary to your pov Cows are not dumb.They are highly sensitive creatures that have the ability to reason, feel stress and fear,trust and sense when they are in danger. They have cognitive abilities that is recognized by their fellow species. Yes he went for an opening just like a so called intelligent human who is or has been forced into defense mode trying to save themselves. Just because people inhumanely kill them and then eat them does not make them dumb.

Valued Contributor

This animal wasn't dumb.  What is dumb, however,  is a rodeo; they are nothing more than cruelty as a spectacle.

Respected Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

This animal wasn't dumb.  What is dumb, however,  is a rodeo; they are nothing more than cruelty as a spectacle.

Exactly so tired of seeing these poor animals being used and abused for the benefit of obnoxious humans who only look at them as food.