Respected Contributor

Re: Brainless man kills baby bison....

in·fer·ence
ˈinf(ə)rəns  noun

• a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning.
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Suggest you get your facts together before posting.  This subject was thoroughly discussed last night.  The tourist didn't kill the calf; the park service did.  He was issued a ticket with a fine.  He was a foreign tourists so the fine may never be paid.  He'll be persona non grata in the US if he doesnt.

You should re-read what I wrote.  I said he was responsible for the animal's death....and he was 100% responsible for the situation that led to the euthanization (look it up) of the animal.  Good to hear that he got a ticket.  What was it for $100?  

Read your own headline, "Brainless Man kills baby bison".  I've not heard how much the fine was.  They're not going to expend much time on one little calf when they have to cull about 20% or about 900 bison every year.  They just finished culling for this year.  I wrote a lot about it on the other thread.

When I read a post, I don't just read the title.  I read the entire post.  I guess I thought everyone did.  The animal is dead because someone wasn't playing with a full deck.  There;s no way to justify or even explain it away. 

Valued Contributor

I was born and raised near Yellowstone National Park and absolutely love the Park and also Teton National Park. This tourist might have thought he was helping the baby bison.  But upon entering the Park at all of the gate entrances the guests are handed literature saying, don't go near the wildlife.  Especially near the babies.  A Mother bison, bear, etc., aren't too fond of their babies being messed with.  The boldness of these tourists is just crazy.  And when one of them gets hurt by an animal the animal will be put down and for me, I find that so wrong.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Suggest you get your facts together before posting.  This subject was thoroughly discussed last night.  The tourist didn't kill the calf; the park service did.  He was issued a ticket with a fine.  He was a foreign tourists so the fine may never be paid.  He'll be persona non grata in the US if he doesnt.

You should re-read what I wrote.  I said he was responsible for the animal's death....and he was 100% responsible for the situation that led to the euthanization (look it up) of the animal.  Good to hear that he got a ticket.  What was it for $100?  

Read your own headline, "Brainless Man kills baby bison".  I've not heard how much the fine was.  They're not going to expend much time on one little calf when they have to cull about 20% or about 900 bison every year.  They just finished culling for this year.  I wrote a lot about it on the other thread.

I read that the Park Service had to cull a record amount of bison this year, about 900 were to be hunted or slaughtered.  I've been to Yellowstone many times and have seen the huge herds.  They get on the main roads going through the park and clog traffic.  They are also a problem for the neighboring landowners because they leave the park and invade other land.

It sounded like that little bison had already been abandoned by the herd and he was roaming from car to car.

Honored Contributor

What the heck?   This is now the 3rd or 4th thread on this same topic.

Honored Contributor

Her inaccurate headline reads like something out of the National Inquirer. Oh my, a man without a brain is killing baby animals.

Valued Contributor

I agree the man was wrong for putting the baby bison in his car. But people who  do stupid thing does not make that person brainless or stupid. A person who was raise on a farm, or has read a  little about wild life, watch national geographic,etc. Someone who has  some basic knowledge would have not done this. The man was thoughtless and lack knowledge about wild life in general.

Honored Contributor

Hey ,where are the people that jumped on me,on my post about the baby bison?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Her inaccurate headline reads like something out of the National Inquirer. Oh my, a man without a brain is killing baby animals.

This is what I thought as well until just now when I went to read the article for the first time.  While I believe they thought they were helping and showing concern for the animal this was so wrong.  As the saying goes "do not mess with Mother Nature"  Animals having been out in the cold and heat since the beginning of time.  Some survive and some do not.   I am sure this sweet baby bison would have made it through the night with his Mom, but this was not a hatred killing or hunting. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Why do you have to be disrespectful and post a topic like this right in the headline?  First of all, this topic has been discussed on numerous threads so a simple search would have shown there was no need for yet another thread.

But since you didn't do that, coudln't you have been a little more thoughtful and posted a warning in your thread title rather than what you did?

And yes, your title certainly suggests that the man killed the bison which isn't true.  But maybe you did this for attention.